creepy stories you've heard (1 Viewer)

I've heard a few creepy stories in my time.

One guy I knew was renting a house with some lads while he was going to college. Few strange things happened in the place. He was once slapped on the back when there was nobody else in the room. His stereo would turn itself on and off. One night he was watching telly in the place by himself, went to go make a cup of tea and all the mugs had been taken from the press and placed in a row on the table. Obviously the house was empty and the mugs had been in their proper place a few minutes earlier.

Not really creepy, but I've seen about 3 ufos in my time. Saw one as a nipper when out back with my mam, that was pretty much a "flying saucer" - you could even see the windows on the motherfucker. A girl who lived up the road from me saw it too. Few weird things happened around the same time over the period of a year or two. My school was just down the road and our teacher once stopped in the middle of a lesson, with her mouth wide open. Said she saw a ufo fly over the school....?!?

Yours,

Fox Mulder.

I've heard a few creepy stories in my time.

One guy I knew was renting a house with some lads while he was going to college. Few strange things happened in the place. He was once slapped on the back when there was nobody else in the room. His stereo would turn itself on and off. One night he was watching telly in the place by himself, went to go make a cup of tea and all the mugs had been taken from the press and placed in a row on the table. Obviously the house was empty and the mugs had been in their proper place a few minutes earlier.

Not really creepy, but I've seen about 3 ufos in my time. Saw one as a nipper when out back with my mam, that was pretty much a "flying saucer" - you could even see the windows on the motherfucker. A girl who lived up the road from me saw it too. Few weird things happened around the same time over the period of a year or two. My school was just down the road and our teacher once stopped in the middle of a lesson, with her mouth wide open. Said she saw a ufo fly over the school....?!?

Yours,

Fox Mulder.

That shit freaks me out

no offense to anyone, but people talking about ghosts being real get the same reaction from me as people talking about Santa Claus with kids.

ie. i get really excited for the presents

pun definitely intended

A friend of mine drove his parents crazy when he was about 8 or 9 complaining that he couldn't sleep because of "the guy jumping on his bed". They thought, for some reason that he was either trying to get his brother in trouble or making it up for some other reason. For whatever reasons they ignored the fact that he refused to sleep with the light off.

Anyway, one night they happened to hear the sound of bedsprings under the kind of strain caused by someone jumping on a bed coming from his room. Mike's Dad went and opened the door and sure enough the bed was rising and falling as if someone was jumping on it... and there was Mike, huddled up on his pillow with the duvet over his head.

They performed and exorcism and there were no more incidents. Pretty weird though. The only thing that particular spirit did was jump on Mike's bed every night for about 9 months.

clive told me once about the time that he experienced some strange phenomenon after watching the x-files. he was lying awake in bed one night and looked down to see his duvet rise up, as if lifted my an unseen force in the middle of the bed.
it took him a few nights of this happening before he realised that this coincided with everytime he got a boner
he then put two and two together and realised that he was being given a boner by a sexy ghost

clive told me once about the time that he experienced some strange phenomenon after watching the x-files. he was lying awake in bed one night and looked down to see his duvet rise up, as if lifted my an unseen force in the middle of the bed.
it took him a few nights of this happening before he realised that this coincided with everytime he got a boner
he then put two and two together and realised that he was being given a boner by a sexy ghost

demi_moore2.jpg

no offense to anyone, but people talking about ghosts being real get the same reaction from me as people talking about Santa Claus with kidss

Here, Damian, so I am pretty skeptical about the whole thing too. Even still. I heard about ghosts when I was a kid, and nothing really ever happened.
Apart from a really stiff old door opening its handle and opening one night, and I was willing to just write that off as a nonsense weird spring thing. Not a big deal, and not enough to say ghosts exist.

But, then in that bike shop, I saw a dude, plain as day, walk from the workshop into the tunnels under the shop. And, naturally, I thought it was someone robbing the place.
But the thing was, there was no one there. That person vanished, and once we had gone through the place, everyone was saying "not to worry, its just the ghost."
"Buuuut... ghosts dont exist."
"Well, what did you see there then Phil? There was no one there."
There was no massive panicking in the shop, it was go out and get the coffees in, nothing more.
I didn't really even want to talk about it, cause it felt weird and silly.
But, why would I make that up? Even subconsciously, there is no reason for me to want to see a ghost there.
No one came to me when I started there and said, oooohhh, there are GHOSTS here !!! Watch ooouut!!!
No one even wanted to talk about it after the fact.
"It's grand Phil, dont worry, It was the ghost. Get us a coffee would yeh?"
Every single person in the place it turns out has seen this thing, and now I had seen it too. No one had mentioned it, set me up thinking about it or primed me to see it.

But... the really odd thing is, the only way I could confirm that it was a ghost (and even saying that now sounds retarded), was the shop was closed and that we were able to lock the place down and prove there was no one there. Had there been people around, I would have thought nothing of it.

and one occasion where i attempted to combine a tibetan ritual to summon restless spirits with a vaudou possession ritual: it worked completely and convinced me utterly of the existance of these beings. while an interesting experience, it was certainly foolish and i would never do that again.

Howdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoithowdoyoudoit?

This reminds me of the time I was laughed at at school because I didnt believe in fairies

The thing is... right now, I still don't believe in ghosts. I dont think they are dead peoples souls knocking about anyway.

But... yeah. It's sort of an annoying one. I fucking saw one apparently. I am not really sure what the story is. I have a vague kind of notion about somehow people (who are alive) can somehow affect what's happening around them, via thought. Or something.
And that this is what ghosts are? That maybe we are seeing somehow a person's thoughts.

I dunno. Not dead people anyway. That's waaaay to fucked to believe.

The thing is... right now, I still don't believe in ghosts. I dont think they are dead peoples souls knocking about anyway.

But... yeah. It's sort of an annoying one. I fucking saw one apparently. I am not really sure what the story is. I have a vague kind of notion about somehow people (who are alive) can somehow affect what's happening around them, via thought. Or something.
And that this is what ghosts are? That maybe we are seeing somehow a person's thoughts.

I dunno. Not dead people anyway. That's waaaay to fucked to believe.

My Dad has a theory that could explain stuff like the guy you saw... that there are slight tears in time that can appear... so the guy you saw could have been from last week, or last month, or 3 weeks time etc. It's just a theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back