creepy stories you've heard (1 Viewer)

had a nightmare last year, really vivid, where I was looking in the window of my girlfriend's granny's flat. She was screaming, holding her chest, face up to the window, screaming at me to get her out of there, shouting help, help etc. I was powerless. scary as shit.

the next morning i get a phone call from the girlfriend - she's in tears, her granny had a heart attack that night - was screaming for help, no one came.

I also a girlfriend years ago that had to have a sort of exorcism, but thats another story.

At the next stop the girl got off the train with the man and watched the train speed by. The man then turned to the girl and said "Thank God, I'm a doctor and that woman was dead, the two men beside her were holding her up."
Ha this reminds me of a story I heard in the College of Surgeons. Apparently some years ago a few of the students robbed a cadaver from the college, dressed him up and brought him out on the piss with them on Camden Street. At least one of the students was kicked out of the college as a result and the porter on duty at the time was either fired or suspended, I can't remember.

there was supposed to be some cult-type weird shit going on on killiney hill

apparently

yeah, when we were kids we did the ouija board on killiney hill, we contacted the ghost of this demon who told us that killiney hill was an ancient burial ground but that the spirits couldn't rest because of horrible rituals they performed in life to worship long forgotten gods.
we tried for ages to get the demon to go away but he said he was grand..eventually he just left and we made our way down from the top of the hill..it was pretty late by this stage and if you know killiney hill, you know how dark it gets there at night..
anyway, we were making our way through the trees and we could see that one part on the other side of the forest near the car park was illuminated by what we thought was a campfire. we were about to get a bit closer to check it out when we realised that people were moving around the fire, dancing, but through the trees it looked like they were horrible and mis-shapen
then the weirdest thing happened, i heard a voice from right behind me telling us to go towards the fire..there was no one behind us though
we ran all the way home

Weekend_at_Bernie_s.jpg

When I was ten, I was on holiday in Waterford with my family.

On the first night I went to the loo upstairs. My brothers, my cousin and my sister were downstairs while my parents were in their bedroom.

As I was standing outside the bathroom door, I turned to switch on one of the lights. I was facing the door to my brothers' bedroom. Then, slowly, the door started to open and I stood there, face to face with a sinister looking black shadow. It was like the silhouette of an old woman. Because I was ten and not Egon Spengler, I ran for it.

Anyway, right throughout our week at this house, there were doors closing when no-one was around and rumblings of all sorts.

I also saw the ghost of Derek Acorah on the tube a couple of weeks ago.

i've a mate from the north who used to live somewhere near malone road. anyway when she was in university she shared a house. when they'd come in of an evening they'd notice stuff was missing or moved to other rooms. they'd hear movement and banging in the attic at night. or feel like someone was watching them in the darkness. this went on quite a lot and they all began to suspect and accuse each other. some of her mates fell out with others and left the house. anyway one day one of the fellas came home early from work. he opened the door to find a wild eyed stranger in the front room.

apparently me mate and her pals lived in a terraced row of houses. the houses were over 100 years old and had no partitions in the attic. this stranger lived a couple of doors down from them. he would climb up through his attic door and have the run of the entire terrace jumping down into who evers home, moving around their rooms, watching them as they slept. he'd been doing this for years without ever been caught. upshot of it all was he lived with his elderly mother and suffered from some undisclosed mental illness...as you do when you live with the oul wan all your adult days

yeah, when we were kids we did the ouija board on killiney hill, we contacted the ghost of this demon who told us that killiney hill was an ancient burial ground but that the spirits couldn't rest because of horrible rituals they performed in life to worship long forgotten gods.
we tried for ages to get the demon to go away but he said he was grand..eventually he just left and we made our way down from the top of the hill..it was pretty late by this stage and if you know killiney hill, you know how dark it gets there at night..
anyway, we were making our way through the trees and we could see that one part on the other side of the forest near the car park was illuminated by what we thought was a campfire. we were about to get a bit closer to check it out when we realised that people were moving around the fire, dancing, but through the trees it looked like they were horrible and mis-shapen
then the weirdest thing happened, i heard a voice from right behind me telling us to go towards the fire..there was no one behind us though
we ran all the way home

they wouldn't get away with that nowadays with all the people shaggin in honda civics

we ran all the way home

Did you wake up and it was all but a dream?

Scary story/ rational explanation/ scary postscript:

In my folks's house, there's an old wrought-iron spiral staircase leading from the upstairs landing to the attic. When I was lickle I used to have a recurring nightmare featuring a teenage girl with long, dark hair in a white dress, who came slowly down the stairs, turned to look at me revealing that she had no face (just blank skin, not the "mass of rotting flesh" in the story above, that really would have had me certified at the age of 4!). Then she'd fall, or jump off the middle of the staircase, landing on her head, and lie twichting on the ground.

I would never pass through the landing without the lights on, so my folks had to leave it on all night in case I needed the loo. (Yes, global warming is all my fault.)

Anyway, years later I found out that the staircase had been transported to our house from another house that belonged to the family, and while it was there, a 14-year-old cousin of my grandfather fell off and cracked her head open, wasn't discovered for hours and died from her injuries.

Rational explanation: I overheard this story when I was really young and it freaked me out and burrowed into my subconcsious, the fear manifesting itself in the nightmare.

Scary postscript: when I was about the same age as the girl who died, my dog used to sit barking and growling at the staircase for no apparent reason....

saw a brilliant cartoon of a wet ghost wearing a towel and looking pissed off at a seance during the week. Must find the book. Cartoons from spanish newspapers circa 1960. Brilliant stuff.

I'm dead certain i saw a ghost walk past my chair in the ktchen of a flat i shared with an ex girlfriend years back. Seconds before seeing it, the lights flickered and became brighter, and the hairs on my arms shot up, like the room became suddenly charged. As i looked up from what i was doing to mention it to a mate i saw her pass behind me in the window. Young wan, victorian dress, arms out like she was carrying somthing. We lived on the 3rd/4th floors of a georgian building up from the peppercannister church. Terribly exiting stuff. The fact we were binned had absolutley nothing to do with it. And if it did, well mores the fun.

This wasn't in Stoneybatter by any chance?

no, it was in maynooth.
there was a very palpable sense of melancholy from this presence. i know how to do an old greek exorcism ritual, and asked my housemate if she wanted me to do it, but she did it feel it was a hateful entity, rather one in mourning.
i've had several other experiences with ghosts before, including a few times as a child, and one occasion where i attempted to combine a tibetan ritual to summon restless spirits with a vaudou possession ritual: it worked completely and convinced me utterly of the existance of these beings. while an interesting experience, it was certainly foolish and i would never do that again.
my last experience with ghosts was just over a year ago, a visitation and conversation i had with the spirit of a young girl who had died of a respitory failure a couple of centuries ago. i had however eaten three boxes of psilocybe cubensis "mexican" mushrooms though, so perhaps that is not the most credible instance. all other experiences were without any mind-alterants of any kind however.

no, it was in maynooth.
there was a very palpable sense of melancholy from this presence. i know how to do an old greek exorcism ritual, and asked my housemate if she wanted me to do it, but she did it feel it was a hateful entity, rather one in mourning.
i've had several other experiences with ghosts before, including a few times as a child, and one occasion where i attempted to combine a tibetan ritual to summon restless spirits with a vaudou possession ritual: it worked completely and convinced me utterly of the existance of these beings. while an interesting experience, it was certainly foolish and i would never do that again.
my last experience with ghosts was just over a year ago, a visitation and conversation i had with the spirit of a young girl who had died of a respitory failure a couple of centuries ago. i had however eaten three boxes of psilocybe cubensis "mexican" mushrooms though, so perhaps that is not the most credible instance. all other experiences were without any mind-alterants of any kind however.

We are going for pints as soon as i drop this responsible adult bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back