Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are we worrying the right amount??

Interesting, so for the remainder of the week we should be looking at 2 or 3 new cases each day if the level of infection here is tracking the overall rate of transmission?

There's a good chance the number of actual cases in Italy is underestimated I think.
yep, two confounding factors here. if they've 7000 cases and 300 deaths, unrecorded cases would push the percentage of fatalities down. but the fact that many of the 7000 cases have not actually run their course mean more of those 7000 would die, pushing the figure back up.

Interesting, so for the remainder of the week we should be looking at 2 or 3 new cases each day if the level of infection here is tracking the overall rate of transmission?

Or, if you want to look at an all Ireland basis, there are 33 confirmed cases on the island, so 3 to 4 new cases for a couple of days, 4 to 5 new cases per day at the end of the week.

Edit: Could be a chance that we're due a spike this week or next with the 60 CUH staff who are supposed to be self-isolating pass through the 2 week phase and we find out if they're ill or not. The initial count is likely to be off because people weren't taking precautions.

I remember it cos I had it (Mrs. egg_ and the 2 kids had it too). Sickest I've ever been. Got out bed at one stage to get calpol for one of the kids, made it as far as the kitchen and had to lie down on the floor for half an hour cos I couldn't go any further
A well-beaten egg

Dublin hotel prices are dropping. I might actually go to a gig...provided it's not cancelled

that lad's an expert on everything.

Thread on Twitter that echoes what I’ve heard first hand in work from colleagues in Italy:

that lad's an expert on everything.

This is comforting, right? WHO has been to China and confirming stats, right? No reason to believe that the Chinese government are doctoring their numbers...!

Are they going to self

Are that family going to self-isolate for two weeks after they get home? I hope so.

I've been at home since Tuesday - consistent high temperature, headache, sore lungs and a cough. Could be mild Covid-19, could be mild pneumonia, could be a mild flu, could be a chest infection... not severe enough to justify calling any emergency number, or my busy GP, and while I *could* have been exposed to Covid-19 on my trip to Paris I don't know for sure that I was. Temperature back to normal today, still have a headache and a cough.

It's difficult to know what to do, caution says "stay home until you're recovered fully", but without going to the GP (on public transport - my only option) and risking spreading whatever I have I will either have to take annual leave or unpaid leave.
You poor thing. Get well soon. Could you be swabbed by the mobile ambulance thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back