Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (5 Viewers)

Yeah I agree, we are just getting vagueness here where it'd be much nicer if we'd a 2-3 week plan laid out and could think around it. We are kinda at some grim tourism vs healthcare moment instead. Italy 2.0.

It would at least ease the hysteria
if the govt start making decisions based on how hysterical people are, then we're truly fucked.

But you're right, it would ease the hysteria. What also might ease the hysteria is to let the events go ahead, tell people to take a bit of personal responsibility when it comes to hygiene, etc, and we see that no real harm gets done.

Unfortunately the latter is unlikely due to people's appalling hygiene habits and unwillingness to take on a bit of personal responsibility.

I really think we are gonna be fine

H1N1 killed a couple hundred thousand and no one even remembers it
I remember it cos I had it (Mrs. egg_ and the 2 kids had it too). Sickest I've ever been. Got out bed at one stage to get calpol for one of the kids, made it as far as the kitchen and had to lie down on the floor for half an hour cos I couldn't go any further

given that there is minimal physical interaction between attendees, I can appreciate why they took the decision not to cancel.
Along the popular stretches of the route, the crowds are fairly dense. So unless the guards are going to go around with metre sticks making sure everyone keeps their distance like a nun at a teenage disco, you can guarantee that someone will pass it on to a number of people at once. Also, from a logistical point of view, it is possible now to track contacts from known cases - how would you do that with a crowd of thousands?

I typed this yesterday so I don't have to type it many times

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Doing fuck all and trying to keep tourism going at the stage we are now is why Italy had to close a whole massive district a few weeks later.

872416D7-508D-4917-BA65-E883E84F850C.jpeg

Along the popular stretches of the route, the crowds are fairly dense. So unless the guards are going to go around with metre sticks making sure everyone keeps their distance like a nun at a teenage disco, you can guarantee that someone will pass it on to a number of people at once. Also, from a logistical point of view, it is possible now to track contacts from known cases - how would you do that with a crowd of thousands?

don't disagree with any of that. But, by extension, we should be closing all pubs too.

don't disagree with any of that. But, by extension, we should be closing all pubs too.
Yes. Or at least limiting hours like in Italy, allowing them to operate up until a certain time (to allow them to serve food or whatever) and enforcing minimum distances between tables.

Italy is a shit example in which they have now closed down an area twice the population of here because they faffed about.

Vietnam went direct to lockdown for 20 days and has limited it to 30 cases in a population of 95 million.

I remember it cos I had it (Mrs. egg_ and the 2 kids had it too). Sickest I've ever been. Got out bed at one stage to get calpol for one of the kids, made it as far as the kitchen and had to lie down on the floor for half an hour cos I couldn't go any further
Wasn't that how Trish Keenan from Broadcast died?

On the plus side oil prices are in freefall and as are the numbers flying. We could inadvertently buy the planet some time here with the reduction in emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back