Coronavirus: Better Call Sol - CORONAMANIA (2 Viewers)

The dollar's getting cheaper
They must expect it to rebound.

(I am choosing to think positively on this)

Well in our case our main supplier is in Wisconsin so we're always going to be paying for stuff in dollars, euro has been weakening for the past 2 years and it's back to what it was worth last June so when the world comes out of the far side of this it'll probably have been worth doing.

Unless the whole thing goes to shit, in which case it won't matter at all.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best of luck Squiggle, I really hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a smart move to get tested now for sure! Let us know how you get on xx

The Government is to introduce emergency legislation in the Dáil to amend the rules on sick pay, which will see Illness Benefit rise from €203 per week to €305.

It will be available from the first day of illness rather than after six days as at present, and conditionality will be waived to allow the self employed to receive it.

There will be no minimum number of PRSI contributions, but medical certification will be required.

The Taoiseach said the objective was to ensure that workers would not be afraid to self-isolate on financial grounds.

There's the ann post blood boiling sound again.

Disability Benefit (permanent) is also 203eu, which is what people in Ireland are supposed to live on their whole lives. One little pandemic and all of sudden 100eu can be magicked up because god forbid normal people would have to live on that amount of money, there would be outrage. DFI have been running campaigns for years on the right to dignity (i.e. disability not being equatable to poverty). Factually I didn't have to pay property tax for years because disability was less than a valid income. But even the thought of a 'normal' person having to live on that much seems to be so unacceptable they aren't really even willing to entertain the idea of it.

All the rage emojiis sign off.

Best of luck Squiggle, I really hope you feel better soon. Sounds like a smart move to get tested now for sure! Let us know how you get on xx

Thanks. GP got back to me, the criteria for "qualifying" for testing hasn't changed which means I can't be. He said he has had a large number of people reporting similar symptoms that also don't meet the current HSE guidelines for testing, so no peace of mind. Heading into week two.

Trading beer for face masks

Attachments

• 9E17CBD8-A2B1-4317-B842-EC70DFF8ACD1.jpeg
    9E17CBD8-A2B1-4317-B842-EC70DFF8ACD1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
can you catch covid 19 through smelling an infected fart?

Can I catch COVID-19 from the feces of someone with the disease?
The risk of catching COVID-19 from the feces of an infected person appears to be low. While initial investigations suggest the virus may be present in feces in some cases, spread through this route is not a main feature of the outbreak. WHO is assessing ongoing research on the ways COVID-19 is spread and will continue to share new findings. Because this is a risk, however, it is another reason to clean hands regularly, after using the bathroom and before eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back