"Community" TV Show (1 Viewer)

artist_3.gif

You know that episode of Community where Abed describes his crisis of identity that happened as an extra on the set of an episode of Cougar Town? Well this is from a genuine episode of Cougar Town:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And remember where he referenced having experience of delivering a baby? Look in the background of this previous episode where he has an entire plotline of his own after Jeff told him to stop referencing TV shows and to sod off and do whatever the hell it was he usually did:

i don't even watch it

Latest episode was great,...

Tonally very different - Jeff appears to have a genuine meltdown, Troy and Abed's friendship challenged, and Evil Abed is becoming real!? I hope they drop the use of those cartoon style inserts though (Jeff's EGO apple, Chang's thought bubbles).

No paper beard!
tumblr_m1bfi88mkO1rrg9fgo1_500.gif

Harmon seems like an obsessive character to say the least.. The AV Club website ran a series of interviews with him dissecting the Series 2 episodes of Community and I remember being a bit gobsmacked at the level of minutely detailed analysis and layers of second guessing of critics and audience expectations that he was putting into what is still basically a zany 20-minute sitcom. He seems to have a childish and narcissistic streak to him too, releasing Chevy Chase's angry answering machine messages to the public and writing lengthy messages about his own personal life (there's some infamous ones about him breaking up with his girlfriend) to his fans on his Tumblr and twitter pages.

That said, he's almost certainly the main reason why the show was interesting and distinct, and I wish they weren't going to bother with a 4th season now. Minus Harmon and several of the current writers and with apparent directions from NBC to make something that a larger audience will like it's presumably going to be a shadow of the current series. At least they got what could be seen as a good ending to the show in the last Season 3 episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back