"Community" TV Show (1 Viewer)

The show is based on his life, he went back to Community college. I seem to recall an interview with him where he remembers growing to love the "losers" in his class and how they all looked up to him. Will try and root it out

From Wikipedia:

The premise of Community was based on Harmon's real-life experiences. In an attempt to save his relationship with his then-girlfriend, he enrolled in Glendale Community College northeast of Los Angeles, where they would take Spanish together.

Harmon got involved in a study group and, somewhat against his own instincts, became closely connected to the group of people with whom he had very little in common. "...I was in this group with these knuckleheads and I started really liking them," he explains, "even though they had nothing to do with the film industry and I had nothing to gain from them and nothing to offer them."

I just finished season two. This show cracks me up despite it being dumb and generally something I would hate like Scrubs. The only character that ruins it for me is the Asian dude. Always that one step too far with him. I just like all the subtle (some not so subtle) references to other things in the dialogue. Very quotable.

I just finished season two. This show cracks me up despite it being dumb and generally something I would hate like Scrubs. The only character that ruins it for me is the Asian dude. Always that one step too far with him. I just like all the subtle (some not so subtle) references to other things in the dialogue. Very quotable.

The workaday episodes are pretty good. It's not quite Scrubs, Community is generally strange/weird where scrubs is "zany". But I get the point. For me it's the episodes like the paintball that make it great.

God I hate Scrubs so much.

So do I, with a passion. Community, I like. I am continually making notes in my head to quote later. Each episode there is at least one great line that makes me laugh hours later. It's worth it for that alone.

Britta: You're not going to Annie's party?
Jeff: I have a conflict. It conflicts with the enjoyment of my life.

Don't think I won't use this in the future because I will. Oh, I will.

null.null

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back