Cocaine (1 Viewer)

'you' meaning me? or a more general 'ye'-type of 'you'?

i'll hang on and talk about cocaine instead if that's ok

EVERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYBODY

oldman-leon1_1142987344.jpg

I don't for a second believe that some people need drugs. It's just a personal choice plain and simple.

I read this the other day, and then I read all the crazy bitchy shit all over the forum and decided not to reply to anything, but it's been bothering me so...

With all due respect, Mooseman, I think you're being over simplistic.

I believe that many people do need drugs. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that drug-addiction saves lives. People have told me that being able to remove themselves from the psychological/emotional pain of traumatic shit they've been through by getting fucked up actually stopped them from killing themselves before (if ever) they were ready to deal with the pain. Fair enough, drugs may be one of many options that a person can avail of in order to deal with traumatic life-events, but for many people, the other options just aren't accessible to them (family support/ professional help whatever).

Mormon Nailer- thank you for the picture.

dunno if anyone posted this yet but it IS one of my favourite choons:

::clef:: Well, I was workin' on my farm 'bout 1982,
Pullin' up some corn and a little carrot, too
When two low-flying aeroplanes, 'bout a hundred feet high
Dropped a bunch o' bales o' somethin', some hit me in the eye...

So I cut a bale open, an' man was I surprised
Bunch o' large sized baggies, with big white rocks inside
So I took a little sample to my crazy brother Joe
He sniffed it up and kicked his heels, said, "Horton, that's some blow!"

Bales of cocaine, fallin' from low-flyin' plane
I don't know who done dropped 'em, but I thank 'em just the same
Bales of cocaine, fallin' like a foriegn rain
My life changed completely by the low-flyin' planes

So I loaded up them bales in my pick-em-up truck,
Headed west for Dallas, where I would try my luck
I didn't have a notion if I could sell 'em there,
But, thirty minutes later, I was a millionaire...

My life changed completely by the low-flyin' planes

And now I am a rich man, but I'm still a farmer, too
But I sold my farm in Texas, bought a farm down in Peru
And when get so homesick, I think I'm goin' insane,
I travel back to Texas in a low-flyin' plane...

My life changed completely by the low-flyin' plane::clef::

I read this the other day, and then I read all the crazy bitchy shit all over the forum and decided not to reply to anything, but it's been bothering me so...

With all due respect, Mooseman, I think you're being over simplistic.

I believe that many people do need drugs. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that drug-addiction saves lives. People have told me that being able to remove themselves from the psychological/emotional pain of traumatic shit they've been through by getting fucked up actually stopped them from killing themselves before (if ever) they were ready to deal with the pain. Fair enough, drugs may be one of many options that a person can avail of in order to deal with traumatic life-events, but for many people, the other options just aren't accessible to them (family support/ professional help whatever).

Mormon Nailer- thank you for the picture.

Just to clarify I was referring to the Sweet Oblivion's point that some people need drugs and some people like herself and Gambra don't which I gathered to be using drugs as a social crutch rather than as a coping mechanism for traumatic events. I presume you're talking about the likes of heroin, are you? I can't see anyone turning to heroin for use as a social crutch.

Anyways to summise I was referring to a need that exists in some to take drugs to enjoy themselves which I believe does not exist.

I totally see your point though, I've personally used drugs as a coping mechanism.

hey mormon, don't you think that your own example - never having been challenged by perspectives other than the mainstream ideas of economics - sort of nullifies your own argument?
i mean, just because you've never been challenged by critical thought before because you were in a homogenous economics class, doesn't mean that everyone else in homogenous groups (which is a dodgy concept anyway) is going to have the same problems.

anyway
calling hegel or heidegger 'bullshit artists' and then running away for your dinner before anyone can call you on it ... i mean come on. "western philosophy is bunk - now for dessert"

hey mormon, don't you think that your own example - never having been challenged by perspectives other than the mainstream ideas of economics - sort of nullifies your own argument that there is an absolute truth in every field?
When did I say anything about absolute truth anyway?
calling hegel or heidegger 'bullshit artists' and then running away for your dinner before anyone can call you on it ... i mean come on. "western philosophy is bunk - now for dessert"
When did I say they were bullshit artists?

You must do better Oh Shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back