cinema alone (4 Viewers)

this is gonna turn into the "cunts who talk during the movie" thread.

wrecks my fucking head.
its only acceptable during comedy films or movies that are unintentionally funny.
otherwise shut the fuck up talking, txting, answering phones?! (what the fuck!)
its one of the few things in life thats actually worth getting into a fight about.

i went to watch this Pang brothers horror/fantasy flick a few weeks ago AND A GUY A FEW ROWS AWAY WAS WATCHING TV ON THIS LITTLE MP3 PLAYER THING THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH.

i tried in vain to get someone to smack him but everyone was too afeared.
my friend was like "just leave it," etc. leave it? HELL NO!!!!!!!!
after the movie i bolted from my seat in hot pursuit of this guy to reprimand him for ruining the movie for me, only for him to slink away in the darkness.

if i EVER see that cunt again i'm going to introduce him to my fist - it was one of the most annoying experiences i have ever sat through.

on topic: i've never gone ot the cinema alone, but fuckit, maybe after reading this thread i will. it's only the cinema, which is usually full of wankers anyhow.

dont *think* i've ever dined alone, except on some lunch breaks or something over the years. does eating alone in Probe count?

i nearly always go alone. i usually only go when ive been in town for a while pottering around and decide there and then to go see something. i like it. i hate people eating disgusting popcorn in there though because it stinks.

i went to watch this Pang brothers horror/fantasy flick a few weeks ago AND A GUY A FEW ROWS AWAY WAS WATCHING TV ON THIS LITTLE MP3 PLAYER THING THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH.

after the movie i bolted from my seat in hot pursuit of this guy to reprimand him for ruining the movie for me, only for him to slink away in the darkness.

if i EVER see that cunt again i'm going to introduce him to my fist - it was one of the most annoying experiences i have ever sat through.

on topic: i've never gone ot the cinema alone, but fuckit, maybe after reading this thread i will. it's only the cinema, which is usually full of wankers anyhow.

dont *think* i've ever dined alone, except on some lunch breaks or something over the years. does eating alone in Probe count?

Never really need an excuse for this one.

punch.jpg

I'd say about a quater of the films I see are by myself usually because it's too much hassle to arrange times for everyone to meets up and because I'm too impatient to wait for other people but mainly because I work near the Omni and drop in on the way home.

Actually I've been sick as paedo since Thursday so I'm off work and recon I'll go and see 'The Ballad Of Ricky Bobby' this afternoon. The omni have a sweet new deal whereby if you book on-line you ticket only costs €5.

Didn't Baudrillard have some essay about how he was going to the cinema on his own these days?

Go for it. I do it a lot. One of the reasons being I don't like to be near people I know if I cry at sad films.

In college all my friends + girlfriend went to see Something about Mary and fucked up and didn't go. I went alone the next day and it was the only time I felt lonely going to the cinema alone.

Didn't Baudrillard have some essay about how he was going to the cinema on his own these days?

Baudrillard on dining alone (for Brian and Lefterz):

Sadder than destitution, sadder than a beggar is the man who eats alone in public. Nothing more contradicts the laws of man or beast, for animals always do each other the honor of sharing or disputing each other's food.

I used to really like going to the cinema alone. The Screen, in particular, is a great place to lurk on wintry afternoons.

Dining alone is a bit crap, though.

I bet ya that bloke was off MTVS BOILING POINT nad the boiling point was til the end of the film and if you did interrupt him you would have won 100 dollars. no seriously why didnt you say anythin to him? i wouldnt have been able handle that at all.

yea i'm with the loners here.doing shit on your own is no better or worse than with somebody just good for a change.i do food alone, sometimes gigs alone (no point in missing out if none of your friends have any taste:cool: ), often cinema alone, have sex alone :rolleyes: etc...

I know you're off in Johnny Foreign, but do they not have a similar rule to us, like No Filming in the cinema or something? Could you not have just gone to the Usher and said you think he's taping the film?

Or, at the very least, he's distracting you, could they ask him to stop, remove him or give you your money back?

Going to the cinema alone is not as good as going with others but it's grand. I'm long past any "stigma" over that kind of shit. It's sometimes preferable.

I bet ya that bloke was off MTVS BOILING POINT nad the boiling point was til the end of the film and if you did interrupt him you would have won 100 dollars. no seriously why didnt you say anythin to him? i wouldnt have been able handle that at all.

I know you're off in Johnny Foreign, but do they not have a similar rule to us, like No Filming in the cinema or something? Could you not have just gone to the Usher and said you think he's taping the film?

Or, at the very least, he's distracting you, could they ask him to stop, remove him or give you your money back?

i was sitting a row across and one behind, and i was kinda in the middle. i was furious and yet didnt wanna make a scene, which also happens to be the asian mentality unless you;re bruce lee or some shit. i should have summoned him from the dead to kill that guy with nunchucks or something.

the guy wasnt filming, he was watching some TV thing. even thinking about it makes me angry. and believe me i tried to catch up with him after.

All the time. There's been a few times when I've asked people and regretted it. Lateness. Phones going off (during 'Elephant' for about five minutes).

I remember being in Mullingar watching 'Welcome to Collingwood' with five strangers spread out all over the cinema. All of us laughing together at the same things each time. Deadly.

Screen was built for people who go to the cinema on their own.

just like gig's, i to mainly go to the cinema alone. its a lot easier than trying to arrange time/film everyone can agree on/cinema everyone can agree on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back