cinema alone (3 Viewers)

I know a few people that do it, id never do it in Enniscorthy cause you'd be the talk of the town if anyone say you.... "theres that 6th year that went cinema on her own"...

If i really wanted to enjoy a film i might go on my own cause when I go with my friends they just start making jokes about the people in the film that look like people we know or just make up their own dialog.

eoddy.. relax yeah? i mean i love garlic as much as the next chump.
but i'm not talking about eating garlic alone. which i do on many occasion actually.
tomorrow i am going to see little miss sunshine alone.
tuesday i am going to see talladega nights, not alone.
i think that evens it out.

i always go to the cinema by myself and go to dinner too. in fairness its grand especially if you are going to a small cinema to see a film that noone else would be interested in. i went to see the last batman film 3 times by myself

...served on a bed of loneliness, drizzled with tears.

Ah no, i agree. I had a meal in the thai cottage in dalkey on my own a few months ago.

Must spread rep etc.

Anyone ever eaten out alone on Christmas day?
Going to the cinema on one's own is great, but some films really should be seen in company. Requiem for a Dream on a cold winter afternoon = not great.

Nothing wrong with it at all.. are you worried that people are going to point and laugh? As somebody said already, the only films that really benefit from the atmosphere of having all your friends along are comedies. Otherwise, it's either a distraction because you have to talk to them throughout, or else they might as well not be there... the only thing you're missing out on is discussing what was good\shit about the film with them afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back