Cameras At Gigs (1 Viewer)

If I have a camera I never use flash, they turn out shit. And I never bother using it more than three rows back as I can't use the viewfinder. I very very rarely do the 'stick it up in the air and see what I get' job as they always turn out horrible.

I took a few photos like that at roadburn with some good results. I'd rather take a few pictures over my head than push past everyone to get to the front.

At the Crayonsmith album launch theres was some gaylord taking pictures up front but right up in there faces it would have gotten really inaprropriate in a sexual way if he got any closer, he took the same shots over and over, it tokk all my self restraint not to give out to him. At the end of the set,they thanked him for taking the pictures so he was probably just doing his job and I was overreacting

I very very rarely do the 'stick it up in the air and see what I get' job as they always turn out horrible.
I took a few photos like that at roadburn with some good results.
Aye, it can work out the odd time.
245659926_6f9586dce1.jpg

this annoys the fuck outta me too. amateurish dicks who just bought their first d-slr and think suddenly it's elevated them to professional photographer status. please fuck off. even worse is that their unrelentingness, taking pictures for the *entire* set. how many pics do you really need of a band, 10 max?, maybe include a buffer zone for a few shitty shots? i haven't encountered 'detached wireless flash' guy in a while, much to my pleasure. they should take cues from this person and quit taking pictures of bands and focus on indie poseurs.

every single photo on that blog appears to have been taken on south william street or one within a mnute of it! and they are awful terribly taken photos too.

oh I thought I heard yous say summit bout photos, so I should have given out to him.

Yeah do it for sure.

Maybe I'm an exception but nobody has ever given out to me or said anything negative at all really about having a camera at a gig.

Also people ringing people when a band play a certain song...It's only going to sound like fucking noise and shit...Put yr fucking phone down!!

rant over..

The holding the phone up in the air is the worst part of it. It's not like it's going to sound a whole lot different just because the phone's being waved in the air.

Yeah do it for sure.

Maybe I'm an exception but nobody has ever given out to me or said anything negative at all really about having a camera at a gig.

one guy had a go at me once, saying that I was one of these pricks who didnt care about music and only was interested in taking photos with 'my big fancy camera'. I tried to explian to him that as I was the one running the gig, I probably had at least some interest in music, but it failed to deter him. there is truely no dignity with drunken ranting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back