Cameras At Gigs (1 Viewer)

I don't mind punters taking photos but it bugs me when people with SLRs or whatever batter their way up the front and then stand in front of you with their backpack in your face for the WHOLE gig.

thats basically one dude in particular, who takes really good photos but who is annoying as hell at gigs.
especially when he does the flash in one hand, camera in the other, and then stretches his arms out as wide as he can across the stage thing.

also at most big gigs, photographers are usually only allowed in front of the stage for the first 3 songs.

thats basically one dude in particular, who takes really good photos but who is annoying as hell at gigs.
especially when he does the flash in one hand, camera in the other, and then stretches his arms out as wide as he can across the stage thing.

also at most big gigs, photographers are usually only allowed in front of the stage for the first 3 songs.

yeah, isn't that the '3 songs no flash' rule?
I think it's pretty obnoxious for that guy to think he has the right to do that for the whole gig. I appreciate if he has a job to do but some of us are paying in for a gig that we're looking forward to and don't want the view obscured by someone's camera. I actually feel guilty when I take photos! (and not just cos they're so crap)

hello detached wireless flash guy!

How many times does it take to realize there is not enough light to get a good shot? FFS.

There's usually enough light to take a decent shot, so long as you have a decent camera and lens.

Having said that, I don't bring cameras to gigs anymore for the same reason johnny raz mentioned. I want to see the actual gig. Plus I don't want to be the camera wanker at a gig that will get a thread going on thumped.

There's usually enough light to take a decent shot, so long as you have a decent camera and lens.

Having said that, I don't bring cameras to gigs anymore for the same reason johnny raz mentioned. I want to see the actual gig. Plus I don't want to be the camera wanker at a gig that will get a thread going on thumped.

I am always off to the side and near the back. Believe me, no one standing near me is going to get a decent shot with a little point and shoot! I can see the results. Cameras and people who lean in to talk to one another in front of me, obstructing my view, annoy the fuck out of me.

'hai guys im looking for the large mound shoot?!'
http://bp0.blogger.com/_I28Il4qfvRg/SBC2yAcm9GI/AAAAAAAAAWY/nlnh6xxxidg/s1600-h/SNC10487.JPG

Poster-GoForthAndAmplify-Pr.jpg

This is something that's really bugged the shit out of me for a long time. Probably the same guy as mentioned previously is unbelievably intrusive. I've seen him at quite a few gigs holding his camera right up to the faces of band members trying to perform. This must be so off-putting to the musicians trying to concentrate and is incredibly annoying to anyone trying to watch cos he's constantly getting in the way. He was taking pictures at the Crayonsmith launch last week during Cap Pas Cap. Waving his camera literally 6 inches from the faces of the band for the whole set. I was so happy to see Grainne from the band push his camera away as he stuck it right in her face which shut him up quick smart.
Fair enough if these guys want to get into photography and practice their art but the first thing they should learn is that THERE IS A FUCKING ZOOM ON YOUR CAMERA! If you were a professional gig photographer there's no way you'd be aloud get that close to most musicians. So stand back, use your zoom, quit getting in everyone's way, take your fucking backpack off and we'll all be much happier.

i remember the rednecks having problems with photographers before. it just wrecks the buzz like, and from all the gigs ive filmed, the artists are all very clear about where they want you to be with cameras.

other things thats irritating, for band and audience, is when its a gig that isnt full to the point where theres people up to the stage, and you have maybe a 10/20 foot gap between the stage and crowd with the photo dude in between. its alright for a song or two, but the whole gig? its embarrassing.

this is turning into a rant. i dont like ranting.

Kling Klang at the lower deck a few weeks back was plagued by photographers. One of them managed to knock over the singer's mike which takes some doing when the drunken hordes had managed to avoid it.

i think it's an absolute disgrace, the final straw for me was
the intrusive way camera men would position themselves
at the top of Angus Young's guitar during the 90s, filming
the movement of his fingers. a complete sham. something
must be done and it needs to be done now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back