Buying a stranger a drink at a bar (1 Viewer)

It's not that good a quote. I mean, you've said more enlightening things. In fact it's a bad quote.

Is it from some 'how to pick up chicks, works everytime, you can be like me' seminar?

You're not reading it the same way I am.
I see it as a suggestion from John for doing away with bullshit to gain the respect that ends in a mutual desire to jump each other's bones.
It's not a way to 'fuck chicks', it's just a way to treat them better, as John sees it.
I just see it as someone else's view on masculinity, I'm not proposing it as a life choice.

Anyway, it was sent to me by a woman with the email subject "Exactly!"

Which led me to this article, also written by a woman

http://thisrecording.com/today/2010...-a-womanizer-i-havent-met-enough-women-y.html

You're not reading it the same way I am.
I see it as a suggestion from John for doing away with bullshit to gain the respect that ends in a mutual desire to jump each other's bones.
It's not a way to 'fuck chicks', it's just a way to treat them better, as John sees it.
I just see it as someone else's view on masculinity, I'm not proposing it as a life choice.

my main problem is in the wording of it. I have no problem with wanting to, eh, jump someone's bones but a little eloquence can go a long way. As far as i'm concerned there was zero eloquence in that quote.

Anyway, it was sent to me by a woman with the email subject "Exactly!"

Which led me to this article, also written by a woman

yeah, women are awful.

also i'm pretty bored and likely to argue with anyone just to get through the day

I have this happen twice. Both in the states. One was favorable. The other not so much but I accepted anyway and had an awkward chat. I have problems saying no and being mean.

So Jill you wanna get married and have a few kids or what? Pm me

So Jill you wanna get married and have a few kids or what? Pm me

Marriage and kids, I can say no to. Easily.
No f-ing way.

"Hi, I'm [insert name] what's your name?"
Much harder to say "go away" because I like to be polite. Eventually, I'll thank the person, excuse myself and leave if I'm not interested in the conversation. Shewing someone away out right (unless they are drunk and annoying) just seems mean. Like, so they might not be for me but they maybe great for someone else. I don't want to dissuade guys from approaching women. In fact, I think they should do it more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back