Buying a stranger a drink at a bar (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
I've never done this! Is it just like in the movies?

What's it like having a drink bought for you by a stranger?

These are the questions that need answering

Approach the lady in question, slap her on the ass, giggle, say "alright sweetcheeks" and order her a fat frog. That's what I do. Works everytime.

I've never done this! Is it just like in the movies?

It works if you're good-looking. The girl could react favourably.

If you are unattractive, it comes off as 'creepy' apparently.

It also shouldn't be your first interaction. She should know who it's come from, even if you've only just exchanged pleasantries/comment while she was ordering at the bar.

In the right circumstances it can be a great 'in'.
You can also get the brush off, but what harm?

You should practice with people you haven't met much.
Mine's a Budvar.

It works if you're good-looking. The girl could react favourably.

If you are unattractive, it comes off as 'creepy' apparently.

so it's exactly like the movies

It also shouldn't be your first interaction. She should know who it's come from, even if you've only just exchanged pleasantries/comment while she was ordering at the bar. In the right circumstances it can be a great 'in'. You can also get the brush off, but what harm?

haha, thanks but I wasn't actually looking for advice, just general opinions on it

You should practice with people you haven't met much.
Mine's a Budvar.

yeah, you should be so lucky

I remember a friend of mine being asked by a girl at the bar he'd been vaguely chatting with, 'aren't you gonna offer to buy me a drink?'

He gave her a look of utter disdain, ordered her drink and then turned his back and walked purposely away. Magnificent performance!

I have this happen twice. Both in the states. One was favorable. The other not so much but I accepted anyway and had an awkward chat. I have problems saying no and being mean.
the trick is to accept as many drinks as you can get and leg it just before last orders

I'm more a 'offer ya a sip outta me can' kinda guy...by the canal or out round the back of a skip someplace.

I have this happen twice. Both in the states. One was favorable. The other not so much but I accepted anyway and had an awkward chat. I have problems saying no and being mean.

was the favourable one attractive and the unfavourable one unattractive?

So far, morg's reponse is the closest I can imagine the hollywood process translating to Ireland

I was out at a work do once, chatting to a colleague when some creepy dude we worked with came over and offered to buy her a drink. She said yes I'll have a Corona (clear glass bottle) which she'd been drinking all night and he came back with a Coors Light (dark roouife-able bottle) so she just left the bottle on the table and never touched it. He kept staring at her all night, I assume waiting for "it" to kick in........... or pissed of that she never drank the drink he got her or offered to get him one.

was the favourable one attractive and the unfavourable one unattractive?

So far, morg's reponse is the closest I can imagine the hollywood process translating to Ireland

No, not really. The favorable one wouldn't have been someone I would have seen and been hot and bothered by. In fairness, that rarely happens anyway. He was just very entertaining and made me laugh a lot. Ended up going on a few dates with him. The unfavorable one would have been more typically 'good looking' I suppose but also rather creepy. He seemed like the type where strippers would know him by name. He was wearing a gold chain too. He had the 'you know you want this' air about him. Plus his freinds were watching. I couldn't help to think I was some kind of bet without my knowledge. Probably not a good bet for my ego either.

I'd imagine i'd get a favourable reaction if I was wearing a Fedora

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back