Buying a stranger a drink at a bar (2 Viewers)

Yer man jesus had a great saying about this, I think it went; "buy onto others as you would have them buy onto you." Having someone buy you a drink is sound, especially when you don't know them so vice versa is the same but walking up to someone and asking them if you can buy them a drink is propositioning which isn't so sound and akin to paying them to talk to you. So talk to the person first.

Happened to me over Christmas actually. I had a hairband with cat ears on and suddenly noticed I wasn't wearing it anymore, yet did not recall taking it off/losing it etc. I went about my business and about a half an hour later a guy walked up to me with a drink (vodka and blackcurrent, he might as well not have botehred) and said 'My friend wanted you to have this' and pointed over at the bar where a chap was wearing my cat ears. It was smoothly done, I say, because either way you had to laugh snf you instantly felt warm towards the person for a) buying you a drink and b) getting your ears back. Yes. Do that one, I is John.

Did you ride him?

I did not. I figured I could drink the drink and not feel bound to him in any way due to my wanting to drink the drink and my not wanting to have sex with him.

I got a whole gansey load of drink bought for me by a woman in whelans ages ago. She was totally sound. but she was not subtle in any way shape or form she just walked up and said I just got paid and I want to buy you rake loads of drinks. I drank my drinks, a mate of mine rode her mate and I went home to my lady and passed out. I'm a total drink slut. I'll flutter my eyelashes at anyone who looks likely to lash booze in to me. I need to start hanging out in really fucking dark gay bars. Buying drinks for women is bollox you're far better off bringing in your own booze, if she'll drink under a table with you there's a future in it, and she's probably fucking mad so you might get a ride.

WashingLoveguru strikes again people.

Red Dog Give me a swish.

On a Saturday, I like to hang out around Bournemouth Airport and offer to buy people plane tickets.
When anyone accepts, I just purse my lips, raise my arms like airplane wings and run out of the building making loud, shrill whistling noises.

I also like to go to Country Food Markets and offer to buy strangers cups of whatever non-alcoholic drink that is being offered at the stall being run by the local church.

mine's a dirty martini

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was offered a drink off a stranger last night.
It was a can of Fosters off an 18yr old on Vicar street, so it might not really count.

Read this last night

"You don’t have to be overly macho. You don’t have to be over-complimentary. Gain her respect. And that’s treating her as an equal. Don’t bullshit her. Treat her as a human being. Treat her as you would treat yourself. As soon as you have that respect from her, she’ll treat you with the same respect that you show. Then you fuck the shit out of her." - John Curtis Holmes

Yeah man, hi5!

I read Chuck Palahniuk and watch Bill Hicks DVD's all day!

This was supposed to be a thread about living before the 1960's and making cheesy passes, not 'fucking the shit' out of someone.

Yeah man, hi5!

I read Chuck Palahniuk and watch Bill Hicks DVD's all day!

This was supposed to be a thread about living before the 1960's and making cheesy passes, not 'fucking the shit' out of someone.

It's a good quote.
Sorry that it offends your thread's delicate sensibilities.

It's not that good a quote. I mean, you've said more enlightening things. In fact it's a bad quote.

Is it from some 'how to pick up chicks, works everytime, you can be like me' seminar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back