Buying a new bike (1 Viewer)

pad

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
Ok. I have a bike, but I want to get a new one for triathlons and what not. I was going to get one through the bike to work scheme, but since then I've realised I can probably save a good bit of money if I just buy it second hand. So, can anyone recommend a bike for me? I've been looking at the trek 1.2 or the giant defy 3. That's about the level I'm thinking of. Anyone got any advice for me? What would be a good specialized bike to get? Or would you recommend that?

The Specialized in that price range is the Allez. There's also the Secteur which is slightly more expensive and it is slightly more upright for a road bike. If you have back problems it would be worth considering.

There is also the Felt Z series, I think the Z100 would be in that price range. EuroCycles/Euro Baby will have those and also Wheelworx out by Liffey Valley.

Up to about the €1800/€2000 I believe you do see genuine benefits the more money you spend. Then its all diminishing returns with marginal weight savings, minor aerodynamic benefits and more stiffness etc..... But those bikes you are looking at will be good bikes. I ride an Aluminium Giant which cost about €900 and plan to enter road races on it this year (if my lungs ever clear up).

[Whisper]Also the boards.ie cycling forum is really informative for this kind of thing.[/whisper]

cool. Thanks fellas. Does anyone know of any decent second hand bike shops in Dublin that might sell those kind of bikes? And can you get a second hand bike on the bike to work scheme if you buy it through a shop?

You'll be a while waiting for a nice second-hand bike to show up if you're looking for something specific, which you are. You'll have to get something that's the right size for you and that.

I'll tell you what though, head over to the boards.ie cycling forum, they have their own separate ads forum, which deals specifically with sportive bikes and gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back