bike service - reasonable price? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyRaz

where the crow ate the man
Supporter
whats a reasonable price for a bike service? excluding parts or anything?

going to drop my yoke in - or figure out how to do it myself - depending on answers.

its a complete crock, but still going. just the gears are slipping a bit..

that's stretch in my book.
yeah, like, I say stretch too.

But people are thinking that chains literally stretch, the metal actually stretches, and keeps on stretching indefinitely. Like an rubber band or something.
The plates stay the same length, the slop in the joint gets bigger. When I think about it that way, it makes other thing easier to see. I dunno.

you had a really nice bike for sale a while back.
I'd say that might be a good idea @JohnnyRaz , i've seen a few pics of his bikes. Tasteful affairs altogether.

I dropped it in this afternoon - basic service in 40euro - they'll give me a bell if it needs more work.

@magicbastarder how much is this tasteful bike for a tall gent?

You mean your bike doesn't already have a bell?
I was getting grief off NYPD about the bell thing at one point, so I bought these nice bells. They're actually great, I voluntarily put them on bikes now, and use them.

These are the type of things in question, it goes onto the right bar, under the brake kind of, sitting by my thumb. Zero problems with it, it doesn't get in the way, it doesn't ding on rattley roads or anything. I might have broken one of them in about ten years, but I'd say that was due to crashing or smacking it into things locking it up.

iu

IIRC, technically no - it's not that they must be *sold* with a bell, it's that they must be fitted with a bell. so the onus is on the rider, not the vendor.

I always thought it was kinda mad that all the legal requirements dont come with the bike. Its kinda like the internet only it's for transport

it's a pity a certain well known bike component company doesn't set up a subsidiary to make bicycle bells, under the trade name 'campagnology'

Christ. Can you imagine Campag making bells though. With fucking carbon fiber thumb triggers or some shit... lol.
Man. We'd eat that up wouldn't we.

Little Campag logo in the middle of the bell there, just so you can look down, check it, and assure yourself.

I was getting grief off NYPD about the bell thing at one point, so I bought these nice bells. They're actually great, I voluntarily put them on bikes now, and use them.

These are the type of things in question, it goes onto the right bar, under the brake kind of, sitting by my thumb. Zero problems with it, it doesn't get in the way, it doesn't ding on rattley roads or anything. I might have broken one of them in about ten years, but I'd say that was due to crashing or smacking it into things locking it up.

iu
there's one something like that on my sons bike. with a plastic ringer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back