Burglars and thieves in general... (1 Viewer)

Donkey- your vitriol seemed justified in the context of the first post. In that second one you just came across as a bigot.

ahh look at the socially conscious curly little fintan o'tool head on you. dunno have you been keeping up with the news aoife.... by defending his home was padraig nally a bigot aswell? after spending months in fear for his life and his property and being terrorised by john ward (who had 80 previous convictions and 38 previous different court appearances and an existing warrant for his arrest - bless) he catches this guy in the middle of breaking into his home AGAIN. should he have brought him in, gave him a cup of tea, his choice of whatever valuables or money was in the house and sent him on his way with, what - maybe a care package and some literature on night classes? and before you become apoplectic with right on rage - no i'm not condoning the shooting of itinereants, but I can absolutely understand padraig nally's reaction. bigotry is one extreme - the other extreme is mindless unquestioning tolerance which is probably just as dangerous.

unless you've been on the receiving end of some of the knackers handiwork as both me and my family have (repeatedly) you're not really in any position to berate me on my reaction.

Now now Donkey, where's the love??

Little Donkey Little Donkey
On the dusty road
Got to keep on plodding onward
With your precious load
Been a long time little donkey
Through the winter's night
Don't give up now little donkey
Bethlehem's in sight

Chorus:
Ring out those bells tonight Bethlehem Bethlehem
Follow that star tonight Bethlehem Bethlehem
Little Donkey Little Donkey had a heavy day
Little donkey Little donkey carry Mary safely on her way

Repeat Chorus

Little Donkey Little Donkey journey's end is near
There are wise men waiting for us & to bring them here
Do not falter little donkey to a cattle shed

Repeat Chorus

Little donkey little donkey had a heavy day
Little Donkey little donkey carry Mary safely on her way
Do not falter little donkey, there's a star ahead,
It will guide you little donkey, to a cattle shed.

it's on line 4 of the song.

no i'm not condoning the shooting of itinereants, but I can absolutely understand padraig nally's reaction. bigotry is one extreme - the other extreme is mindless unquestioning tolerance which is probably just as dangerous.

I'd say in that particular case, bigotry was far more dangerous. Didn't he shoot the traveller, beat him, go back to reload his gun and then shoot him in the back? The guy's either a cold blooded murderer or a complete and utter psychopath. Actually, I reckon he's both.

skrellp: I'd say in that particular case, bigotry was far more dangerous. Didn't he shoot the traveller, beat him, go back to reload his gun and then shoot him in the back? The guy's either a cold blooded murderer or a complete and utter psychopath. Actually, I reckon he's both.

...and your opinion on mr ward and what he was doing on padraig nally's property?

ahh look at the socially conscious curly little fintan o'tool head on you.

why must you be so condescending? seriously unnecessary here.
you come across as a total hot-headed bigot, regardless of your experiences with travellers.

dunno have you been keeping up with the news aoife.... by defending his home was padraig nally a bigot aswell? after spending months in fear for his life and his property and being terrorised by john ward (who had 80 previous convictions and 38 previous different court appearances and an existing warrant for his arrest - bless) he catches this guy in the middle of breaking into his home AGAIN. should he have brought him in, gave him a cup of tea, his choice of whatever valuables or money was in the house and sent him on his way with, what - maybe a care package and some literature on night classes?

WHAT?

the only alternative to shooting someone breaking into your home is to bring him in and give him what he wants?
real mature arguing there.

this argument is about bigotry, and you can't use the nally example to try to break down all "socially conscious curly little fintan o'tool head" people.

unless you've been on the receiving end of some of the knackers handiwork as both me and my family have (repeatedly) you're not really in any position to berate me on my reaction

are you serious?
can you honestly not see that that's total bullshit?

i have been on that receiving end as a matter of fact.
the house i lived in from when i was born till when i was 16 was vandalised countless times, and robbed once.

but i've also encountered very nice, polite travellers.
should i dispell these experiences because they don't fit in with the stereotype?
is it too pc of me to actually enjoy a conversation with a traveller?

and that shit earlier about "taking off the blinkers" was laughable.
ya'd want to have a good long look at yourself first there.

also, ya might want to ask yourself why members of the travelling community may turn to robbing people's houses?
bigoted shit like your posts here, being scathing as hell about a whole community of people would do little to make them feel happy with those more well-off than themselves.

DONKEY: Hey, look at this!

MACHINE: Welcome to Duloc, such a perfect town. Here we have some rules, let us lay them down. Don't make waves, stay in line, and we'll get along fine. Duloc is a perfect place. Please keep off on the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your - face. Duloc is - Duloc is - Duloc is a perfect place!

DONKEY: Wow! Let's do that again!

SHREK: No! No! No, no no. No...

why must you be so condescending? seriously unnecessary here.
you come across as a total hot-headed bigot, regardless of your experiences with travellers.

WHAT?

the only alternative to shooting someone breaking into your home is to bring him in and give him what he wants?
real mature arguing there.

this argument is about bigotry, and you can't use the nally example to try to break down all "socially conscious curly little fintan o'tool head" people.

are you serious?
can you honestly not see that that's total bullshit?

i have been on that receiving end as a matter of fact.
the house i lived in from when i was born till when i was 16 was vandalised countless times, and robbed once.

but i've also encountered very nice, polite travellers.
should i dispell these experiences because they don't fit in with the stereotype?
is it too pc of me to actually enjoy a conversation with a traveller?

and that shit earlier about "taking off the blinkers" was laughable.
ya'd want to have a good long look at yourself first there.

also, ya might want to ask yourself why members of the travelling community may turn to robbing people's houses?
bigoted shit like your posts here, being scathing as hell about a whole community of people would do little to make them feel happy with those more well-off than themselves.

sorry - i couldnt make sense of most of your post although i'm sensing it's mostly unsupportive. you're just pissed cos i said you looked like sid vicious in your portrait photo :D

DONKEY: Hey, look at this!

MACHINE: Welcome to Duloc, such a perfect town. Here we have some rules, let us lay them down. Don't make waves, stay in line, and we'll get along fine. Duloc is a perfect place. Please keep off on the grass, shine your shoes, wipe your - face. Duloc is - Duloc is - Duloc is a perfect place!

DONKEY: Wow! Let's do that again!

SHREK: No! No! No, no no. No...

i'm confused. first eoddy's rant and now more nonsense. if i'm correct eddy murphy did donkey's voice in shrek. so i cant possibly be rascist.

calling me racist is the equivalent of calling someone who condemns criminals, careerist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back