Burglars and thieves in general... (1 Viewer)

look... i'll level with you all. i used to have to cycle past an intinerant camp on my way to school every morning for years as a kid. they kept greyhounds - as they do - and those fuckers, even half starved are pretty difficult to outrun on a cheap racer. so my issues with tinkers probably stem from the psychological trauma of those cold mornings with hungry tinker's greyhounds snapping at my ankles. maybe they should just feed their greyhounds more and all will be right with the world again.

again you miss your own point, the mistreatment of animals (greyhounds for fucks sake! mistreated by a multimillion euro industry! those guys do not have it good) isn't unique to travellers

or maybe they had 1 "starving greyhound" each - anyway it doesn't matter, people like you deserve to be attacked by dogs

once again, may i just say...
story.saddam.file.jpg

when i was a kid, about 7 or 8, i used to think the tinkers were intimidating me. there was this one traveller lad about the same age as me and every day after school on my way home he'd corner me and ask me for 10p and promise to be my bodyguard in return. i was too frightened to refuse so handed over the cash without question. then one day a non-traveller tried to intimidate me and the traveller lad, true to his promise, turned up and saw off the bully for me.

another older traveller lad once cornered me behind a tree in the cathedral grounds and demanded i hand over all my conkers but i lied and told him i had none and he let me go.

let ye all learn from these lessons.

ahh look at the socially conscious curly little fintan o'tool head on you. dunno have you been keeping up with the news aoife.... by defending his home was padraig nally a bigot aswell? after spending months in fear for his life and his property and being terrorised by john ward (who had 80 previous convictions and 38 previous different court appearances and an existing warrant for his arrest - bless) he catches this guy in the middle of breaking into his home AGAIN. should he have brought him in, gave him a cup of tea, his choice of whatever valuables or money was in the house and sent him on his way with, what - maybe a care package and some literature on night classes? and before you become apoplectic with right on rage - no i'm not condoning the shooting of itinereants, but I can absolutely understand padraig nally's reaction. bigotry is one extreme - the other extreme is mindless unquestioning tolerance which is probably just as dangerous.

unless you've been on the receiving end of some of the knackers handiwork as both me and my family have (repeatedly) you're not really in any position to berate me on my reaction.

3.What the fuck is going on in the world? Everyone's getting broken into or robbed or murdered or macheted. Really sorry for all y'all who've borne the brunt of this. Horrible stuff.

I wouldn't call point 3 'mindless questioning tolerance'.

I think you're way off the mark here, Donkey OJ.
Excessive generalising based on bad personal experience is just wrong.

and Buzzo ain't curly haired either. As if that would make a difference anyway.

I wouldn't call point 3 'mindless questioning tolerance'.
i wasnt referring to "point 3" when i talked about mindless UNquestioning tolerance. so you're confused there.

I think you're way off the mark here, Donkey OJ.
Excessive generalising based on bad personal experience is just wrong.
maybe i'm prone to a little bit of excessive generalisation - its thumped ffs. but that doesnt make any of what i've said untrue in my experience. not sure what you mean when you say "way off the mark". i made the point i wanted to make perfectly. just because you don't neccessarily agree with it doesnt make it inaccurate.

and Buzzo ain't curly haired either. As if that would make a difference anyway.
:rolleyes: have you seen fintan o'toole recently? i wasnt referring to aoife's hair:rolleyes: so you're a little confused there aswell.

i wasnt referring to "point 3" when i talked about mindless UNquestioning tolerance. so you're confused there.

maybe i'm prone to a little bit of excessive generalisation - its thumped ffs. but that doesnt make any of what i've said untrue in my experience. not sure what you mean when you say "way off the mark". i made the point i wanted to make perfectly. just because you don't neccessarily agree with it doesnt make it inaccurate.

:rolleyes: have you seen fintan o'toole recently? i wasnt referring to aoife's hair:rolleyes: so you're a little confused there aswell.
Students, jayus...

k i'm pretty bored with tinkers now. when it gets down to discussing fintan o'toole's short and curlies you know somethings gone wrong with your argument. it's my last day in work before we go traaaaavlin' so i'm off to get drunk. peace and goodwill to all. :)

If I replace travellers with another ethnic minority....

exact same thing happened to my parents house last week. they live in naas. they're still very shaken. they're pretty sure it was blacks. my mam passed a van parked on the road outside the house just before she discovered the place turned upside down and only then did she realise he was the lookout. the cops said its pretty common for the guy in the van to keep sketch while 2 others ransack the house. they're in and out in 10 minutes. cunts. lowlife. death by weave poisoning. good job blacks don't like techno. sher there'd be no space in the council flat to create tunes.

and before anyone gets all pc and progressive and starts talking about racism, my dad's business has been robbed multiple times by our lovely black friends. ..... yeah so not sure if it was blacks in your case leigh. but fuck them and any other robbing low life cunts making people scared in their own homes coming up to christmas.

to the buttmunch who docked me for daring to suggest that blacks are thieving swines, take off your "right on" blinkers and try interacting with reality for a while..... you might find your lawnmower has gone walkies. oh and docking rep aint gonna change the fact that your poor victimised disenfranchised black buddies are thieving dishonest cut throat cunts who, without exception in my experience, havent an ounce of decency between them. take exception to an opinion if you like, but hitting me with the rep stick doesn't change the facts.

ahh look at the socially conscious curly little fintan o'tool head on you. dunno have you been keeping up with the news aoife.... bigotry is one extreme - the other extreme is mindless unquestioning tolerance which is probably just as dangerous.

unless you've been on the receiving end of some of the blacks handiwork as both me and my family have (repeatedly) you're not really in any position to berate me on my reaction.

calling me racist is the equivalent of calling someone who condemns criminals, careerist.

Do you really see nothing wrong with the way you're speaking?

P.S.:Have a good time on your holidays.

A couple of years ago ,my brother woke up in his flat and heard someone moving about. He ran out to the sitting room and battered the shite out of this fella. His girlfriend turned the light on and there was yer man in his jocks. They'd left the door of the flat open and this poor bloke had been sleepwalking from another flat. My brother was so ashamed.

With regard to travellers, I've had very good and very bad relationsghips with them. My dad lives near some settled travellers and they are fucking sound towards him - they really take the time out to be good to him cos he's on his own. Met a few in my time with the county council - met one guy who had had the shite knocked out of him by the cops for no reason and had a gansy load of kids to look after - we used to go down and bring his washing to the launderette - the kids were fucking gas crack! Then I worked with another fella that used to give out electricity cards to the people on the halting site. Some fellas called up to his house one day and bet the shit out of his wofe nd robbed a load of cards. Her little kids were there at the time.

Don't know what i'm trying to put across really. Scumbags are everywhere, travellers or not. Finglas is full of little pricks - I'm more afraid of the finglas raja than a traveller. and I'd rather walk down a lane full of black fellas than go near the chipper in finglas village.

Freeeakeh

I just heard the letterbox rapping so I went to the window to suss it out. There was a youngfla there so I says 'what's the story'... he looked to the door, kinda hoping I'd open it I guess, and then said 'do you wanna buy some smokes?' and waved a duty free box of fags around. I laughed and said 'no thanks mate' and off he went.

I'm afraid now he was sussing the gaff out. I called the Gardai and told em about it anyway. I *really* hope he doesn't read this thread. Tenner says I won't sleep tonight either.

Freeeakeh

I just heard the letterbox rapping so I went to the window to suss it out. There was a youngfla there so I says 'what's the story'... he looked to the door, kinda hoping I'd open it I guess, and then said 'do you wanna buy some smokes?' and waved a duty free box of fags around. I laughed and said 'no thanks mate' and off he went.

I'm afraid now he was sussing the gaff out. I called the Gardai and told em about it anyway. I *really* hope he doesn't read this thread. Tenner says I won't sleep tonight either.

good thing you didn't take them - smokes are bad for you, y'know

:eek:
- leigh

Freeeakeh

He was probably just trying to sell the smokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back