BREXIT (9 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I want to write a horror film about this where someone finds an abandoned Brexit bus on a lonely country road, goes to investigate and gets attacked by elderly, racist zombies.

I want to write a horror film about this where someone finds an abandoned Brexit bus on a lonely country road, goes to investigate and gets attacked by elderly, racist zombies.

One of my favourite conversations was with a Danish woman who was talking about bike culture in Copenhagen.

She'd gotten fairly hammered and as a conscientious Danish person proceeded to cycle home. She didn't completely make it, and crashed into a hedge. As she was in the hedge, still sitting on the bike, she realized that this was pretty comfortable. So she decided to just have a bit of a nap, sitting on the bike, carefully cocooned by the lovely hedge.

The sun rose up the next day, she reversed out of the hedge and continued her journey home.

I'd like to say I married this person, but sadly I missed out.

If you could knock out a novel in a week about Boris invading Ireland it'd be a bestseller. Some plot points:
- we don't really notice much difference at first, except you don't have to pay for the doctor anymore
- but then all the foreigners get kicked out, and various industries collapse - construction, childcare, IT ... google, facebook, amazon all pull out of the country
- without the CAP all farming except dairy and grain becomes uneconomical
- etc

If you could knock out a novel in a week about Boris invading Ireland it'd be a bestseller. Some plot points:
- we don't really notice much difference at first, except you don't have to pay for the doctor anymore
- but then all the foreigners get kicked out, and various industries collapse - construction, childcare, IT ... google, facebook, amazon all pull out of the country
- without the CAP all farming except dairy and grain becomes uneconomical
- etc

It starts with toasters disspearing.

How about the following:

BJ is going to keep on the hyper extreme crash out talk. He's going to purposely alienate even his own party, and at the last minute they're going to turn on him and prevent crashing out.

BJ is going to act all grumpy and shouty about backstabbers, can't even trust his own party! I wanted Brexit but it looks like we can't have it now!

BJ looks like a tough guy. Disaster averted. Brexit doesn't happen at all.

But eh, isn't that just going to get them the last possible rotten apple at the very bottom of the proverbial eurobarrel decides absolutely everything deal?

But Boris could blame everyone else and get away with not brexiting - is that the point?

Exactly. BJ is not stupid, and he'd probably like a legacy. If crash out Brexit happens it's catastrophic in the short term at least, the economy and society will be fucked. I'm not sure I've read any serious economist saying it's going to be an immediate and raging economic success. This means BJ is going to be trying to run an absolutely fucked economy, society will be up in arms, Scotland will be trying to get out, fuck knows what's going to happen in NI but it's probably going to be not very fun. His legacy would be the dissolution of the UK basically.

If BJ says he wants Brexit, acts like a complete lunatic and pisses off enough people then parliament absolutely can halt it.

Now he has the best of both worlds: appearing to be a Brexit hardliner, while not having to do Brexit and deal with the inevitable shitshow. He can blame others for messing it up for him, and then do a big long speech about "I'm mad but I'm willing to let bygones be bygones and now let's try to move on and unite".

You're right about the leave a legacy bit, he's not stupid but I'm not convinced he had a plan beyond become PM, so now he'd like to be known as a PM who did something. To the extent that he has an ideology he's somewhere in the middle, unlike say Theresa May who seems to have personally had it in for migrants for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back