BREXIT (7 Viewers)

Norway's main problem, and I shit you not here, its MAIN PROBLEM, that dominates the news, and conversation is: what the fuck do we do with all this money?

And then once in a while someone says "this isn't so bad, this is fine! Money's great!"

And then some other people say "well, yeah, but have you seen the fucking amount we have?"

And the first lad looks, and his face drops, and his head tilts a little bit, and then he furrows his brow, agrees, and slowly restates the central question "Jaysus lads, what are we gonna do with all this money tho".

This is why I've been thinking of moving to Norway

This is why I've been thinking of moving to Norway
Norway is the single greatest place I've ever been to.

From the light switches to fuck you scenery. I didn't even mind the winter there, although it's a bit of a mind fuck having days that are so short, especially when you're up north.

I was up north in the central plateau, and we'd wake up and wait for the sun to rise, all ready with the skis and these little reindeer skins you'd have to sit on or whatever.
Then the sun would rise, and you'd be out on the skis, flying along.

Stop, have lunch, make sure the face of the ski was pointing at the sun to stop it from getting icy, and have a drink out of your flask. Back at it, and you're getting home as the sun set thinking you're an absolute monster, doing nothing but skiing the whole fecking day. A Paddy. Skiing. You absolute monster you.

And then you realise you've only been out for a few hours. Like, my brain is not wired to deal with days that short, it just assumes a day is a day long.

Still class though.

Well, good morning. Here I am in Longford (Ireland) beside a table of English people having breakfast. They are talking in hush tones that someone they know married (even husher tone) a Polish man.
The conversation then moved to how brexit had to happen because of foreigners. Happy St Bridgets day you unreachable idiots.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The festival of Brexit

The smart thing would be to let the endless anti-negotiation roll on until the european border between ireland and the brexit isles is functional. Once there is a workable model scotland can evaluate if that is something they want to live with or not. In our case the border is being lumped upon us by westminster, the scots can choose.

Wouldn't that put a hard border along Scotland / England though? There'd be two customs zones, no?

It'd be a pain in the whole if you lived near the Scottish border.

Well Brexit is going put a hard border between Scotland and 27 EU states anyway. Of course none of which they share a geographical land border with but still I wouldn't be surprised by anything at this stage certainly there will lots of argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back