BREXIT (8 Viewers)

BBC News did it to themselves. Labour wanted to reform the BBC and have the staff representative of the country it serves, Conservatives want it gone and replaced with Fox News UK.

BBC News did it to themselves. Labour wanted to reform the BBC and have the staff representative of the country it serves, Conservatives want it gone and replaced with Fox News UK.

Let's just say for arguments sake that England is jammed full of imperialist cunts who never completely got over them upity Yanks et al with their new money getting shouty.

That makes the BBC the thoughtful middle ground. Granted, by my standard they're a bunch of Tory pricks, by nobody gives a fuck about my standard.

The reality is the BBC might be a moderating influence on a pack of Nationalistic Churchill quoting lunatics.

Labour wanted to reform the BBC. OK. And maybe they'd have improved it. But if the alternative is Fox News I'd take a Jeremy Paxman type Tory BBC.

I'd defintely not just say fuck it, burn the BBC. The BBC, even the current BBC, is a much better than the alternative.

Let's just say for arguments sake that England is jammed full of imperialist cunts who never completely got over them upity Yanks et al with their new money getting shouty.

That makes the BBC the thoughtful middle ground. Granted, by my standard they're a bunch of Tory pricks, by nobody gives a fuck about my standard.

The reality is the BBC might be a moderating influence on a pack of Nationalistic Churchill quoting lunatics.

Labour wanted to reform the BBC. OK. And maybe they'd have improved it. But if the alternative is Fox News I'd take a Jeremy Paxman type Tory BBC.

I'd defintely not just say fuck it, burn the BBC. The BBC, even the current BBC, is a much better than the alternative.
Well yeah, but if they defund the BBC out of existence there'll be no "thoughtful" middle ground, even with the qualification that that that "middle" is always to the right. The reality is if the BBC News Team continue to be the uncritical mouthpiece for the Tory party then its setting itself up to die by a suicide of a thousand cuts. The BBC can be fantastic so it should be defended, and that includes calling it out where its failing.

I should go read this book so I can back up by arguments with more than bluster.

Last edited:
eu-map-2020.jpg

Map of the EU

What's Norway's problem?

Norway's main problem, and I shit you not here, its MAIN PROBLEM, that dominates the news, and conversation is: what the fuck do we do with all this money?

And then once in a while someone says "this isn't so bad, this is fine! Money's great!"

And then some other people say "well, yeah, but have you seen the fucking amount we have?"

And the first lad looks, and his face drops, and his head tilts a little bit, and then he furrows his brow, agrees, and slowly restates the central question "Jaysus lads, what are we gonna do with all this money tho".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back