Bored in A&E (1 Viewer)

Last time I was in vincents the bloody nurse asked me if I was shooting up, I was like 'what!?' do I look like a junkie, fat and bored. For fox sake.

Just had two girls drop by for a visit. I was laughing so much it hurt (they were telling me about dates they'd both recently been on) jesus, there are some weird people out there.

I also brought up that test I had to take and no one believed me about the weird sensation so I had to look it up. Apparently it's normal. I'm not insane.

The injection will temporarily make you feel hot, like a hot flash, it may make you feel like you are peeing in your pants and it may give you a metallic taste in your mouth. These symptoms are normal and only last a few minutes.

There's a window of actual internet connection with my bt broadband, which is nice.

I'm sure you've tried sidereel: http://www.sidereel.com. Might be a good time to check out/catch up on the wire and all that tv stuff.

This list from this website http://www.pia.org.uk/forum99849144/read.php?1,19348,19462 is actually deadly, especially 7:

"1. Do the IV pole dance (that's "IV" not "IVY"winking smiley. This is a PID version of the ancient Celtic Maypole Dance.

2. Hit the call button repeatedly to see what happens.

3. Channel surf. This may be your only chance to have the remote 100% to yourself.

4. Come up with at least one new bizarre symptom every day. This will keep your doctors amused and make them earn their pay.

5. Hit the up and down buttons on the bed and see how many strange contortions you can turn the bed into.

6. Decorate the IV pole with socks, hospital gowns, stuffed animals, cards and anything else within your reach.

7. Give the phlebotomist a friendly pat on the back when she comes in at the ungodly hour of 6 AM to draw blood and afix a sticker to the back of her scrubs with the title "Dracula" written in red.

8. Order pizza for delivery (I actually did this one! Domino's Pizza delivers to Centennial Hospital directly to your room).

9. Threaten to throw up as you are pushed into a closed MRI tube.

10. Have your friend smuggle your pet into the hospital in the suitcase of clothes they bring to you.

11. Come up with silly, inane lists like this when you are bored silly but not strong enough to get out of bed.

12. Add your favorite thing to do in the hospital here _____________________."

Leslie Winer is a pretty cool auld wan.. http://www.youtube.com/user/madamelevy. Her song 'He Was' is just gorgeous (might need a bit more bass than you usually get on the laptop):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Few inneresting radio stations on http://www.npr.org/music/

Clarke Ashton Smith short stories: http://www.eldritchdark.com/writings/short-stories/ (I don't know if these are actually good, but I've read good things about his stuff).

Is the food good? Get well soon. Or in modern day speak: gws.

have they released you? Good behaviour?

No, in fact I've been dubbed 'difficult'. Looks like I'll be here a few more days. Last night I finally got a nurse to let someone take me out in a wheel chair. It was so nice. But this morning (I wasn't sleeping) and I heard them changing shifts and discussing me. "She'll try to get you to let her get up and go get fresh air.... don't let her. Last night she went out in a wheel chair when she shouldn't have."

I'm a hostage.

No, in fact I've been dubbed 'difficult'. Looks like I'll be here a few more days. Last night I finally got a nurse to let someone take me out in a wheel chair. It was so nice. But this morning (I wasn't sleeping) and I heard them changing shifts and discussing me. "She'll try to get you to let her get up and go get fresh air.... don't let her. Last night she went out in a wheel chair when she shouldn't have."

I'm a hostage.

Ah, that's awful kid. I've been there before. It inspired me to write a poem about crawling out of the hospital on my stomach. As if it's not bad enough that you're not well they feed you crap, wake you at all hours, and talk about you as if you're not there. And if you ask them why you can't do something they're not able to answer.

Institutions!

Hope you're set free soon.

I'm a hostage.

To while away the hours you should get a pair of binoculars and "observe" the people in the other buildings

Original-Rear-Window-alfred-hitchcock-1498999-500-364.jpg

I'm a hostage.

Only one thing for it chaps ...

In fairness, I understand why they don't want me walking. It does take a lot of me. I get dizzy sometimes. I cough more when I exert myself. However, a wheel chair is no different than my bed. :(

In fairness, I understand why they don't want me walking. It does take a lot of me. I get dizzy sometimes. I cough more when I exert myself. However, a wheel chair is no different than my bed. :(

ah.

You should be tied to the bed so. Bloody trouble making foreigner.

The higher you build your barriers
The taller I become
The farther you take my rights away
The faster I will run
You can deny me
You can decide to turn your face away
No matter, cos there's....

Something inside so strong
I know that I can make it
Tho' you're doing me wrong, so wrong
You thought that my pride was gone
Oh no, something inside so strong
Oh oh oh oh oh something inside so strong

Sing it loud, Hives.

Can we have a thread where we pretend Jill Hives's hospital stay is actually an episode of House?

Like who else is in there, and who has the weirdest incomprehensible ailment?

And who would play Dr House? Are any of yiz Thumped males hot enough to be Hugh Laurie? Do we need to recruit one externally?

Jill, we won't do this without your blessing.

Can we have a thread where we pretend Jill Hives's hospital stay is actually an episode of House?

Like who else is in there, and who has the weirdest incomprehensible ailment?

And who would play Dr House? Are any of yiz Thumped males hot enough to be Hugh Laurie? Do we need to recruit one externally?

Jill, we won't do this without your blessing.

All I know about house is that someone has to suggest that she has lupus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back