Bored in A&E (1 Viewer)

If it wasn't for this o2 yoke (despite it cutting out every 10 minutes) I would be completely insane now. I got a bed in a ward around 5am. I was just told I'm here for the weekend, ffs. They won't let me walk around though so I have someone bringing me a few things. I can't wait to brush my teeth. I have never been happier that I brought my laptop somewhere. Now time to watch the doggies.

I had one of those 02 yokeys. I don't think it's broadband really, but it's not bad. I moved into a house with BT broadband and it's worse than the 02. Has to be the Brits trying to slow us down.

I find the idler is good for when I'm at a loose end: http://idler.co.uk/. Lots of food for thought.

For e.g.:

blast.png

Do you have pistachio nuts? They're great. You can't eat them all at once and it's a little puzzle each time you want one. (I think the ideal food is a tescos snack size bag of pistachio nuts, with a bananna and coffee - you feel like a cultured gorilla.)

If you want put Gordon back together: http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DB055D5203FC

hope yr ok!being stuck in hospital is the worse..especially the whole not being able to move thing!

if yr still bored google hotspot shield..then run it on yr laptop and you can watch tv programs on hulu or nbc or whatever!Might kill an hour or two..

I think for the first time ever I actually wish something was like annoying TV Scrubs. I’d love to see someone dance and sing while walking by my room. Or at least a monkey. All I got is a man who walks by every hour with his ass peeking out of a gown.

On a list of things I never thought would happen at 33:

A text from a male friend, “What size would you be in underwear?”

That said the dude deserves a gold star. Came in with a bunch of toiletries, 2 pairs of pyjamas, a robe with sheep on it, and three pairs of slippers because he didn’t know which I would prefer. Also a Thermos of coffee, This American Life on DVD and the paper. Sorted.

Anyone ever have a lung CT? Strange test. They inject coloured fluid into your blood stream. They tell you to take a deep breath and hold it and you feel as if you…. umm, are wetting yourself. All I kept thinking was I couldn’t believe I just pissed my gown. How did that happen? In the end, I hadn’t. It’s just the sensation. Very bizarre.

Hospitals freak me out. Thankfully, someone is coming with stuff from my place soon. No one is saying anything so I have a feeling I’m going to be here for a while. I’m going to miss the surprise movie tomorrow too. Grrr. It better not be the Philip Seymour Hoffman radio one… or I’ll be extra grumpy. :(

I is John, the dinosaurs rock. And Buffalo Ballet, I can’t stop reading about people’s crap jobs. Cheers for all the links (and texts)… they’ve kept me entertained. You are all very nice people. Seriously.

Do you have the Stuff You Should Know podcasts? Those keep me VERY entertained. If you're having any trouble downloading stuff, I can email a couple to you. They're awesome.

Or Moth podcasts, which are also awesome.

Reading material?

This looks interesting, although I haven't read it yet:

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com/2009/02/social-collapse-best-practices.html

Also check out this post on Field and Stream, which has rules for gunfighting:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/ammunition/2009/02/petzal-rules-gunfighting

Remember: anything that's worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

At least you have internetz...how do you have internetz, anyway? Do hospitals have free wifi now?

PS sorry if this has been covered, also, hope all is ok

in retrospect you should have set up a twitter account

I still can and annoy the crap out of everyone.

Night Nurse: Hi there you need to have another shot and take these pills. Any visitors today?
Me: Yeah, two.
Night Nurse: We are still waiting for your test results.
Me: Do you think it would be okay if I got up and took a short walk. The guy this morning wouldn't let me before the test.
Night Nurse: You can walk to the bathroom.
Me: I know, I meant just to get a bit of fresh air.
Night Nurse: Maybe in a few days.
Me: A FEW DAYS!

crai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back