best area to live in Dublin? (1 Viewer)

I live in Stoneybatter and have always kinda lived in that general area since i was a kid (a few odd years elsewhere). I have never had any hassle at all. I have even left my car unlocked with all my drums in it from Sunday to Thursday and it wasnt touched. Also theres alot more happening in the area now with the Joinery Gallery, the National Museum, Lilliput Stores (Gorgeous food shop), Plan B (amazing restruant). I dont wanna have to buy a house, coz it means moving out of Stoneybatter.

Sure Stoneybatter is shit cheap these days. You can buy our flat, we're looking to off-load it.

I have even left my car unlocked with all my drums in it from Sunday to Thursday and it wasnt touched.

you realise that's just luck? nothing to do with stoneybatter, but more to do with dublin,cities in general

i've left my car open over night a few times by mistake, nothing happened, my next door neighbour has had her back window smashed in...go figs

Portobello FTW. lat 3 gaffs have all been around there.

Used to live in the attic of the church on SCR- amazing gaff.

moved across the road to a massive house backing onto the flats on clanbrassil street but never had any trouble and pretty quiet yet 5 minutes from camden street.

Living beside O'Connells pub at the moment- love that boozer...

I like Stoneybatter a lot, despite the feral kids. There's definitely a mix; there are some kids that play near our place who are harmless, and want a chat, or a race on the bike, and are generally a bit mouthy, but don't have bad intentions. They've apologised to me for swinging off the car before. Then there are the little shites who, as kristie points out, have been taught no respect for anyone or anything.

It's handy for town and the park, the museum is right there, you're only a short walk from IMMA. People are invested in the area: there's a community composting garden, boxing club, a really active scout troup, a community sports centre, a community centre that does stuff for kids and pensioners and coffee mornings and homework clubs, a couple of small start-up galleries, a sense that people are doing things in the area, not just sleeping there.

There is also a large selection of old people who like to talk about the weather and dogs and want you to come in and read their electricity meters (but that last bit might only happen to me).

Phibsboro - loved it, my first Northside living experience. Great pubs and near town.

Dolphin's Barn - Was deadly when I lived there about 14 years ago. Pleasant junkies. Great off licence.

Drimnagh - grew up there and also rented there for many years. Loved it, always had a garden, nice neighbours. Lots of parties. My car got totalled once by a robbed jammer though, but that was the only bad thing I remember happening.

Skerries - nice town but we were about twenty minutes walk away in a soulless estate. Shit stepford neighbours all round us.

Finglas South - shithole, hellhole etc. etc.

Crumlin - Nirvana.

Really? Always looks dead quiet.
Goes to show.

this guys and his mates are always up to joycean shenanigans in the vicinity....

david_norris_2.jpg

I lived in town for four years and it was great, but after a while i needed somewhere with some space for a nice long and relaxing walk.

I live in Stoneybatter and have always kinda lived in that general area since i was a kid (a few odd years elsewhere). I have never had any hassle at all. I have even left my car unlocked with all my drums in it from Sunday to Thursday and it wasnt touched. Also theres alot more happening in the area now with the Joinery Gallery, the National Museum, Lilliput Stores (Gorgeous food shop), Plan B (amazing restruant). I dont wanna have to buy a house, coz it means moving out of Stoneybatter.
I hope you bought a lottery ticket that weekend, because you must be the luckiest man in the world.

After having my car keyed once and broken into twice in a couple of months in the 'batter (plus a near miss where a load of cars near mine had their windows fucked in with bricks for no apparent reason), I decided to rent a car parking space in Smithfield.

I might be down 90 quid a month, but at least I can sleep at night.

I lived in town for four years and it was great, but after a while i needed somewhere with some space for a nice long and relaxing walk.

and a driveway for the saab?

I used to live in Deansgrange, which was nice for walks and parks and everything closing at 9pm and having to travel 40mins by bus to visit anyone I knew...

arguably I got more recording and cooking and TV watching done then in The City, but also arguably I went a bit funny and became a bit of a howards hughes recluse....

it is good for kids but

I went to UCD so I always had to be southsidey. Lived in Rathgar, Blackrock, Churchtown, Rathmines, two parts of Ranelagh and a place that I could never decide was it Terenure or Rathgar.

Ranelagh's the only place I'd move back to but I'd need to be earning two or three times what I'm earning now to be into it.

Donnybrook (nice house, deadly offy, and you could always have a laugh at the state of the velociraptors going to Wesley)

i also lived in this house, it was great. .|..|

before that i lived in inchicore, which was nice, but in a tiny, tiny, tiny house with no proper heating. it taught me many lessons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back