best area to live in Dublin? (1 Viewer)

cabra - feels like a community, not as bad as the evening herlad would have you believe

harolds cross - peggys is a lovely pub, not much else there

terenure - bit far out but lovely village, nice people, great pubs and restaurants and dino's chipper.

Been living in Stoneybatter for 6 months now and I think it's the best spot I've been in since moving to Dublin 7 years ago. The house itself is slightly ropey, but the area has everything I need with tesco, post office and 24 hour centra within 5 minutes walk. The phoenix park is just around the corner and the city centre is a 15 minute walk.

Can't ask for much more.... oh. NTL broadband. PLEASE.

I wish I was living in Portobello, last weekend we woke in the middle of the night because of an explosive bang. Looked out the window (thinking someone was doing the car in again) to see a roaring fire in the skip that was parked behind our car. The fire was blazing as high as the roof of the house next door. We rang the fire brigade and made sure all our neighbours were out. When the firebrigade came the roof was already smouldering.

Don't think I got much sleep after that.

The last straw??

I wish I was living in Portobello, last weekend we woke in the middle of the night because of an explosive bang. Looked out the window (thinking someone was doing the car in again) to see a roaring fire in the skip that was parked behind our car. The fire was blazing as high as the roof of the house next door. We rang the fire brigade and made sure all our neighbours were out. When the firebrigade came the roof was already smouldering.

Don't think I got much sleep after that.

The last straw??

Either move or start a blog.

Sandymount

cons
dickheads in SUVs
dickheads in cars,
dickheads walking about.
Dickheads.

Apart from the dickheads, Sandymount is a great place to live.

Ha - I grew up near there (Sydney Parade Avenue), and that pretty much sums up why I got out of there as soon as I possibly could! It's nice to go back and walk the parents' doggy on the beach without actually having to live there.

I lived around SCR/ Synge Street for about 10 years. It was deadly in the 90s - full of musicians, artists and general wasters, but most of the people I used to hang out with have been priced out of there.

It was always dodgy enough, I had my fair share of hassle ranging from obnoxious comments shouted at me to actual gropings on the street (in the laneway beside Whelan's). But I think that's going to happen anywhere in the city centre, alas.

IrlDubRathmnsRdV4Y28.jpg

rathmines_townhall2_sml.jpg

IrlDubRathminesStella2712.jpg

martinbslatterys.jpg

I heard Leopardstown used to be called Leper's Town. As it was the place that they farmed Lepers out to croak. Then they renamed it, because they're saps.

If you are a cyclist, Leopardstown is a great place to live. I used to live out on the edge of it there, and it was within walking distance of The Blue Light.

Which, back then at least, was the winnest pub in Ireland as far as I am concerned.

edit, here : I'm right and all! About time like.

Word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopardstown
Leopardstown (Irish: Baile an Lobhair, meaning "Town of the Lepers") is a district in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown County, Ireland, located at the foot of the Dublin Mountains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back