Being Nice (3 Viewers)

Incidentally I started this thread because of a 'confrontation' I had with a homeless person in town on saturday night. Started out him asking me to help him. I gave him a couple of quid but then he got real aggressive and started verbally abusing me, saying I had everything and he had nothing, blah, blah, blah. Felt for him, but jaysis he made me feel bad. I hadn't any real comeback to what was essentially a nonsense argument. The only way I could be ok in his eyes would be if I was homeless too.

Felt shit about the whole thing and reckon I shouldn't have been nice to him in the first place.

This happened to me all the time. People always thought I was a sap but I use to keep change in all the various pockets in my coat and bag when I worked in Harvard Square. The amount of homeless people I would pass was rather large. This way, I could give a bit of change but never need to pull out my wallet. It looked, each time to them, as if it was all I had. I did this everyday despite being dirt poor myself and just getting by. I felt shit walking to work every damn day. Now, I don't give unless it's damn cold out. Instead I give money out of my paycheck every month to aid the services available to people. I look like a cunt walking by but I know I'm helping in the bigger picture. Or at least, hope I am. Granted there is one man I pass nearly every day here that makes my heartache but he never asks for money. I always want to invite him up for dinner. :(

There are two homeless people I give to, both because I know they're nice. One sits outside Fallon and Byrne and one usually on the Ha'penny bridge. When you work in town you can't give to everyone or else you'd be on the street with them in no time.

Ahh here,what way do you walk to work?

I want in

Minor complaint or this thread?

Following the rules by weaving through the zigzag ropes at the post office only to have someone skip it all and jump the line.
I said nothing and just smiled politely.
What's the point?
People suck, try not to be one that does.

I don't think you can truly be happy if you're a cunt - unless you're immune to guilt from all the people you've walked over to get to where you are

I can't say for sure, I don't have the cunt gene

I reckon most cunts don't think they are walking over anyone at all. They believe they are just getting what they should be getting. Generally,they are too wrapped up in themselves to worry about anyone else,nevermind feel guilty.

Following the rules by weaving through the zigzag ropes at the post office only to have someone skip it all and jump the line.
What's the point?

yea, someone skipped ahead of me in the queue for water in the canteen at lunchtime. I just sucked it up like a sap.

Yeah...I don't think anyone who successfully pulls off being a cunt has a conscience.

I reckon most cunts don't think they are walking over anyone at all. They believe they are just getting what they should be getting. Generally,they are too wrapped up in themselves to worry about anyone else,nevermind feel guilty.
fucking cunts

SpikeLeedotherightthing.jpg

What's the point?

the post office in my town has 3 windows (occasionally all 3 are open) but usually a line forms only at the right hand side of it leaving the left hand side of it free for post men to come through at the end of their routes but some days i'd find that both sides have a queue formed at them (the sides are separated by a display of envelopes and card for sale. it's not big)
i dislike it when this happens because it's not fair to people if the other queue is fast moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back