being an alcoholic (1 Viewer)

when i was workin in golden discs they brought us out to the dog racing one night with free drink all night...i had the worst fuckin hangover the next day..and i was serving a customer and mid serve i vomited all over a pile of cds and my hands..it may have been the worst day of my life..and the vomit was green..which was weird...

Juno said:
I've found drinking bottles instead of pints helps reduce the severity of hangovers. More expensive though but you can't have it every way.

That's true; for any long sessions I am sticking to bottles. Last Friday had to attend a function in a work-related capacity which got going at 1:30pm. At 11pm I struggled home, knocked back a pint of water plus a solpedine and cooked an M&S ready meal which ended up all over the couch.

But felt ok on Saturday. If that had been pints I woulda been wiped out.

muffin said:
when i was workin in golden discs they brought us out to the dog racing one night with free drink all night...i had the worst fuckin hangover the next day..and i was serving a customer and mid serve i vomited all over a pile of cds and my hands..it may have been the worst day of my life..and the vomit was green..which was weird...

While employed as a temporary bank cashier between going to colleges I did something similar, pausing while counting out £500 to puke in the wastepaper basket beside my counter. Thankfully it was my second last day.

nlgbbbblth said:
That's true; for any long sessions I am sticking to bottles. Last Friday had to attend a function in a work-related capacity which got going at 1:30pm. At 11pm I struggled home, knocked back a pint of water plus a solpedine and cooked an M&S ready meal which ended up all over the couch.

But felt ok on Saturday. If that had been pints I woulda been wiped out.

I hear ya, if I'd tried to cook pints I'd be in a heap as well.

Hangovers are just nature's great balance. If ya didn't get a hangover, why, you'd be drunk all the time. Who'd want that?????

I mean besides myself.

nlgbbbblth said:
While employed as a temporary bank cashier between going to colleges I did something similar, pausing while counting out £500 to puke in the wastepaper basket beside my counter. Thankfully it was my second last day.

Imagine puking all over 500 quid though. You'd be wearing that one for a while.

egg_ said:
Beer is the fucking worst - much less likely to get hangovers from spirits I find.
Course if you drink enough spirits to give you a hangover then you're really in fucking trouble

lots of whiskey and then lots of hoegaarden the lots more whiskey started this thread.

whereas last night was stricktly stout and weed. i feeeeeelllll grrrrrreaaaaaaattttttttt

broken arm said:
lots of whiskey and then lots of hoegaarden the lots more whiskey started this thread.

whereas last night was stricktly stout and weed. i feeeeeelllll grrrrrreaaaaaaattttttttt

whats with all these midweek hangovers barm? these arent all solo missions i hope.

stout n' weed tho, sounds good. i'm goin to kilkenny for a gig tonight and i reckon stout might be the order of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back