being an alcoholic (1 Viewer)

when i was workin in golden discs they brought us out to the dog racing one night with free drink all night...i had the worst fuckin hangover the next day..and i was serving a customer and mid serve i vomited all over a pile of cds and my hands..it may have been the worst day of my life..and the vomit was green..which was weird...

Juno said:
I've found drinking bottles instead of pints helps reduce the severity of hangovers. More expensive though but you can't have it every way.

That's true; for any long sessions I am sticking to bottles. Last Friday had to attend a function in a work-related capacity which got going at 1:30pm. At 11pm I struggled home, knocked back a pint of water plus a solpedine and cooked an M&S ready meal which ended up all over the couch.

But felt ok on Saturday. If that had been pints I woulda been wiped out.

muffin said:
when i was workin in golden discs they brought us out to the dog racing one night with free drink all night...i had the worst fuckin hangover the next day..and i was serving a customer and mid serve i vomited all over a pile of cds and my hands..it may have been the worst day of my life..and the vomit was green..which was weird...

While employed as a temporary bank cashier between going to colleges I did something similar, pausing while counting out £500 to puke in the wastepaper basket beside my counter. Thankfully it was my second last day.

nlgbbbblth said:
That's true; for any long sessions I am sticking to bottles. Last Friday had to attend a function in a work-related capacity which got going at 1:30pm. At 11pm I struggled home, knocked back a pint of water plus a solpedine and cooked an M&S ready meal which ended up all over the couch.

But felt ok on Saturday. If that had been pints I woulda been wiped out.

I hear ya, if I'd tried to cook pints I'd be in a heap as well.

Hangovers are just nature's great balance. If ya didn't get a hangover, why, you'd be drunk all the time. Who'd want that?????

I mean besides myself.

nlgbbbblth said:
While employed as a temporary bank cashier between going to colleges I did something similar, pausing while counting out £500 to puke in the wastepaper basket beside my counter. Thankfully it was my second last day.

Imagine puking all over 500 quid though. You'd be wearing that one for a while.

egg_ said:
Beer is the fucking worst - much less likely to get hangovers from spirits I find.
Course if you drink enough spirits to give you a hangover then you're really in fucking trouble

lots of whiskey and then lots of hoegaarden the lots more whiskey started this thread.

whereas last night was stricktly stout and weed. i feeeeeelllll grrrrrreaaaaaaattttttttt

broken arm said:
lots of whiskey and then lots of hoegaarden the lots more whiskey started this thread.

whereas last night was stricktly stout and weed. i feeeeeelllll grrrrrreaaaaaaattttttttt

whats with all these midweek hangovers barm? these arent all solo missions i hope.

stout n' weed tho, sounds good. i'm goin to kilkenny for a gig tonight and i reckon stout might be the order of the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back