being an alcoholic (1 Viewer)

Zeelander said:
Oh you can be hungover and drunk at the same time. It's the worst.

yeah its nasty. I normally never think i'm still drunk when i wake up hungover. Its usually towards the end of the day when i read emails and thumped posts from that morning that i realise i was over the limit. fuck it though. i'm finding that these days i'm way more likely to have a 'ah it was worth it' rather than 'never again' attitude the morning after. lets roll.

I get those too man, the sneaky hangover. One thing i'll say in their defence though is they give you the hour of wobbly semi-clarity in the morning to actually get to work and then suffer rather than feeling like hell first thing and calling a sickie unnecessarily.

does anybody else have hangovers that are typified by bad cases of the stupids and the paranoids, more than anything physical?

i know plenty of people who get bad headaches, the runs and general wobbliness, but they seem to still be able to interact. i turn into a mental wreck for most of the day, however. i've learned that it's easiest to just set myself a simple task - clean the bathroom or something - and ignore all the crazy thoughts.

oh, best hangover defence is water and solpadeine/alkaseltzer after you get home but before you go to bed. i find. it can be tough to do when you're boozy and snoozy, but worth it.

plug said:
this is true.

I'm very hungover in work today for the first time in ages... drank loads of wine and shitty fucking horrible gin last night. even threw up and all. lightweight. poor me.

empathy and rubex all 'round. bleugh... :(

heheheheheh
this should cheer you up
http://www.ween.net/feebles/video/meet9.mpeg

tom. said:
does anybody else have hangovers that are typified by bad cases of the stupids and the paranoids, more than anything physical?

i know plenty of people who get bad headaches, the runs and general wobbliness, but they seem to still be able to interact. i turn into a mental wreck for most of the day, however. i've learned that it's easiest to just set myself a simple task - clean the bathroom or something - and ignore all the crazy thoughts.

oh, best hangover defence is water and solpadeine/alkaseltzer after you get home but before you go to bed. i find. it can be tough to do when you're boozy and snoozy, but worth it.
sorta, as opposed to puking/headache shit i just feel really run down and mentally fucked.if was drinking for a weekend it takes me till wed at work to actually chat to people.before that its yes/no/grunt answers.when im hungover i can do stupid shit like watch 12 hours of straight tv even if theres nothing on.

hanley said:
sorta, as opposed to puking/headache shit i just feel really run down and mentally fucked.if was drinking for a weekend it takes me till wed at work to actually chat to people.before that its yes/no/grunt answers.when im hungover i can do stupid shit like watch 12 hours of straight tv even if theres nothing on.
hanley parties harder than most...

plug said:
hanley parties harder than most...
and suffers hardest

rush-cry.gif

tom. said:

Thats me down to a T.

As some of you know, I spent the weekend posting while drunk on thumped. Great fun at the time, but the flight home from Stockholm on Monday morning was hell. Two seats to myself and I could not get comfortable. Felt like my skin didn't fit me. Incapable of conversation/logical though/coordinated activities. Not nice.

fuck yous guys, hangovers are fantastic. They render me mostly obsolete save for only the most sarcastic of utterences and bring my patience to Heights i can only dream of nowadays. Smokes taste better when yer hungover; as do beers. Best ever cure for a hangover at the weekend is to hit it again that day, no messin.

Serious question - anyone ever tried those Lifelines tablets or sachets or whatever they are?

I always thought "god, what a great idea" while also thinking "janey wouldn't you feel like a bit of a loser asking for them".

Although I'm sure I still would.

Provided they work.

So I think my questiona originally was "has anyone ever used Lifeline".

Thanks

Fijoonar.

therecklessone said:
Yes. But they mean a half gallon. Need that much?
probably yes. :(
roxy said:
Serious question - anyone ever tried those Lifelines tablets or sachets or whatever they are?

I always thought "god, what a great idea" while also thinking "janey wouldn't you feel like a bit of a loser asking for them".

Although I'm sure I still would.

Provided they work.

So I think my questiona originally was "has anyone ever used Lifeline".

Thanks

Fijoonar.
someone told me they do. but apparently you gotta take loads. guy in the band I play in insists on some rehydration sachet thingies. must find out the name..

I agree with that girl fella and lefty. You need to drink through the hangover. Feeling shit is "all in the game"
alternatively, 2 disprin, a spliff and the Economist on the sofa while screaming at the cats to "fucking keep it down"

plug said:
do people go for "a quick half" down the boozer during lunch in real life? I could probably use one right now.

nah just in eastenders.

i could use one too but i've already arranged a 5 oclock pint. I think i'll use the next three hours to think about george best. talking about him over a beer just seems sarcastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back