best moments today (bear in mind I meet everyone I saw today regularly) =
- didn't rain from 9 am - 1 pm so was able to walk 4 km and back, to see what my nephews were doing (a nuke tradition and always Xmas highlight).
- my aunt seeing a couple of her grand nephews that she doesn't meet that often.
- a string of people I had texted or sent cards to contacted me today (only really sent cards since last year worried I would lose contact with folks) including a health care worker who is working today and tomorrow.
- almost completely ignored TV and avoided it completely after lunch.
- the day went well but by tea time I'd nearly had enough and just wanted to chill out on my own.
- I ate less than normal (often happens at Xmas)
- I got every job and clean up done today and will now be able to take it easy for a few days. by 9 pm I was chilling out listening to records I got in the post on Xmas Eve.
Worst present (rest were OK to good):
Clive Tydesley's autobiography. former ITV football commentator / Man Utd fan was the worst thing in football broadcasting this side of Andy Gray and Tim Lovejoy. when ITV sacked him a few years ago he kicked up a big fuss - somehow he'd never realised how crap he was.
that about it. good day but once a year is enough.