bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
Mention `The Frank & Walters' and you'll get...
"I hate that fuckin' "After All" song."

Thats how they'll be remembered even though their new album is deadly

Mention `The Frank & Walters' and you'll get...
"I hate that fuckin' "After All" song."

Thats how they'll be remembered even though their new album is deadly

what, that Finley Quaye song? I love that!
Oh wait.. that's Even After All. silly me.

apparently their label wanted them to dress up as leprechauns cos some other jerks were doing that kinda thing to great commercial success.

WT_AC_05_rifles_IRA_325.jpg

What happened to Drat?
Watercress split up in I think 2000 - last gig was on New Year's Eve that year in Connolly's of Leap and was amazing. Dan (mandolin/voice/trumpet/didgeridoo) joined Joyzipper and also does solo stuff under the name sonovagun (he's on myspace). Phil (drums) was in Corrigan for a bit I think and now teaches drums somewhere in the North. Brian (voice/guitar) and Bruce (bass) formed Drat, got disillusioned and are last I heard were playing jazz somewhere in northern England. Haven't heard from them in ages and ages

Neither Drat nor Watercress ever got even a sniff from a record label, AFAIK

Seriously though, now that i've thought about it it all makes sense...
Why the hell did we accept that massive advance from OOAL... we're fucked for life now...

It's a slippery slope of drinking Ritzs and missing deadlines from here on in for you

ps did you read the small print on the eighty-page contract I faxed you?

mesner- two top 20 singles and then............
Church mice-one top 20 single and then.......(no one will remember these but me art teacher at schools brother was in 'em and she kept bangin on bout them)
the Driven- limerick rockers ,they climbed to the dizzy-ing heights of a free tape comp with metal hammer and now play acoustic gigs as a two piece.

Watercress split up in I think 2000 - last gig was on New Year's Eve that year in Connolly's of Leap and was amazing. Dan (mandolin/voice/trumpet/didgeridoo) joined Joyzipper and also does solo stuff under the name sonovagun (he's on myspace). Phil (drums) was in Corrigan for a bit I think and now teaches drums somewhere in the North. Brian (voice/guitar) and Bruce (bass) formed Drat, got disillusioned and are last I heard were playing jazz somewhere in northern England. Haven't heard from them in ages and ages

Neither Drat nor Watercress ever got even a sniff from a record label, AFAIK

Watercress played a gig in 2000 or maybe the year before, on Sherkin Island, in The Jolly Rodger. Which was basically someone's front room. Rakes of us packed in there, bouncing off the lads.
Deadly deadly gig.

in fairness, they did spawn Bellend 1 & Damien Rice so i don't think that counts since they're both doin' alright for themselves

do ye reckon Rice is swimming in cash? like enough to throw wads in people's faces whenever he wants to 'own' someone or something.

Most of these bands probably had a bloody good time blowing the record company's money for two or three years so I wouldn't knock it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back