bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
My Little Funhouse

Yeah classic example of having a good time blowing the record company's money I would say. Going to LA to record albums. Hanging out with Slash. Fair fucks to them.

do ye reckon Rice is swimming in cash? like enough to throw wads in people's faces whenever he wants to 'own' someone or something.
ah yeah. he owns all his own rights. recorded his stuff low budget, doesnt have to repay big money back to record company. doesnt seem to spend any money, particularly on footwear or soap. that guy is absolutley minted. minted enough to wipe his arse with €50 notes.

Actually Ultra Montanes were on the radio talking about this the other day. They were very funny about it.

Sunbear.
From their myspace:
"Following a hugely successful appearance at the In the City festival and favourable press in NME magazine the band were signed to american record label, the Enclave, run by former Geffen A&R man Tom Zutat. The initial optimism of this move proved unfounded however, as the label folded before any SUNBEAR release. The dissappointment of this time ultimately led to the band calling it a day."

I did not know that.

I agree with hugh. "It's better to break your leg doing moto x than to break your leg not doing moto x"

I also agree with Hugh (my name is also Bort) and indeed Anthony.
I'd rather jump out an airplane and think I was flying 'til I hit the ground than dream of flying until I get hit by a bus one day.

Man I wish I could fly.

ah yeah. he owns all his own rights. recorded his stuff low budget, doesnt have to repay big money back to record company. doesnt seem to spend any money, particularly on footwear or soap. that guy is absolutley minted. minted enough to wipe his arse with €50 notes.

yeah. good for him. If it were me, I'd be getting into punch-ups with well know celebrities. take THAT David Boreanaz!

Gary from The Great Western Squares is now part of The Sick and Indignant Music Club (might have got that wrong) and they play in the h'appeny all the time. They're on myspace.

Oona runs a swing/rockabilly night in GUBU these days

Church mice-one top 20 single and then.......(no one will remember these but me art teacher at schools brother was in 'em and she kept bangin on bout them)

And lets not forgot their lead singer Simon Casey who has gone on to become the new Daniel O Donnell.

Watercress were one of the best live irish bands I have ever had the pleasure to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back