bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
Yeah I remember Melaton being a big deal at the time. Thought they were a good band.

The Blew

Tha Marbles

I like Melaton's debut. I remember talking to someone about them... like the lead guy went off and did his own thing. Can't remember details. But their free two song demo was good. A bit heavily Jeff Buckley influenced but good none the less.

And for some reason that Marbles song Something In My Eye is still stuck in my head all these years later...

Cry Before Dawn
The Fountainhead
The Cranberries
Flex and the Fast Weather (won some battle of the bands on 2fm and won a prestigious support slot with Chris de Burgh in the RDS. I was there. I was 10.)
Chris de Burgh

There was a band whose name slips my mind. They were a one-hit wonder, the song was called 'You Will Fall' and was released for the Irish Anti-Apartheid movement at the time. A good enough tune too. Pick Botha was on the cover of the 7"

Microdisney were great
Bloo in Heaven
Black Velvet Band
What was the name of that Aslan spin-off band that formed when Christy was off going mad on drugs?
The Pale
Power of Dreams (yeahhhhhhhh!!! they were from up my way they were!)
Mexican Pets (money, women and fame ruined them)
The Golden Horde

The Adventures (nordie version)
The Adventures (other version)
Ghost of an American Airman
Fergal Sharkey

anyone remember the Larks in the Parks?

JJ72 - too right

What was the name of that band of little scum bag buskers who released a single.

Was it an Oasis cover or a Beatle cover?

Little Devils or something like that.

Anyway shite

At least they were decent enough to looked morotofied at collecting an award they in no way desevered and was probably bought for them by the record company who are going to now "snap them up"

They were in Pravda the next night quaffing champagne, getting the DJ to play their songs and backslapping, though.

Pelvis was Guggi's (the reknowned artist and phoney ) little brothers band

You may remember him from such album covers as U2s Boy and U2s War

pelvis were actually quite good.i used to be into them in my early teens,it's amazing why record companies sign bands like that then don't get behind them in any way whatsoever.

The bass player in my old band's brother was in Puppy Love Bomb who were signed to Rough Trade.whoever fuckin heard of them?!?

Most of these bands probably had a bloody good time blowing the record company's money for two or three years so I wouldn't knock it.

well if Albini's manifesto is anything to go by these bands often make a loss from their flirt with the corporate music industry.or at best making about as much money as you would working in spar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back