bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
New album coming out!

!zed !zed !zed :)

The bass player in my old band's brother was in Puppy Love Bomb who were signed to Rough Trade.whoever fuckin heard of them?!?

They had a cracking first single, the singer is Marc Carroll who knocks out about an album a year and always gets bigged up in Uncut

They had a cracking first single, the singer is Marc Carroll who knocks out about an album a year and always gets bigged up in Uncut

I have a 7" by his first band at home. Can't remember what they were called - something like Second Attack. Anyone remember?

Most of these bands probably had a bloody good time blowing the record company's money for two or three years so I wouldn't knock it.

A guy I know was drinking with one of the Republic of Loose guys

Theyre seen as a relatively successful band- 2 Irish number ones in 2005 ( i think)

Anyway at about 10:30 the Republic.. guy gets up to leave because his " ma only gave him 20 quid to go out tonight"

dizzy heights eh?

Theyre seen as a relatively successful band- 2 Irish number ones in 2005 ( i think)

Anyway at about 10:30 the Republic.. guy gets up to leave because his " ma only gave him 20 quid to go out tonight"

dizzy heights eh?
success almost NEVER equates to having money dude.
especially in irish music.

dizzy heights eh?

Thats a bit odd considering they dont hit the stage for anything less than 5 grand.

Thats a bit odd considering they dont hit the stage for anything less than 5 grand.
theres i think 8 or 9 of them when they play full band.
not trying to stick up from em but its just my experience that people in those kinda 'on the brink of success' bands have to keep putting their earnings back into the band.

I think thats probably it- youd want to be playing a lot of gigs, even at 5000 a go to make a good living

yeah the republic of loose guys are real shut ins
you'd never see them out anywhere, always at
home with their ma's eating beans

True - I saw them in the Olympia before Christmas and I think I counted 15 or 16 on the stage at one stage.

They did do a fuck load of gigs last summer tho.

And have to say that Olympia gig was fucking great.

theres i think 8 or 9 of them when they play full band.
not trying to stick up from em but its just my experience that people in those kinda 'on the brink of success' bands have to keep putting their earnings back into the band.

Played with ROL recently. There was 10 of them plus 3 crew, possibly 4. I'm not surprised they're skint. The gig was in Longford.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back