bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
He can SING though, the fucker. Maybe he just needs a shave

yeah and a wash. and maybe stop eating burgers between songs. I walked out of one of their gigs in whelans a few years back after 2 songs. couldn't deal with looking at that dude. he was acting like a horrible Jim Morrison/Bono love child.

Afroman.jpg

Afroman dropped off my radar after 'because i got high' was a huge hit

i wonder why he got dropped?

yeah and a wash. and maybe stop eating burgers between songs. I walked out of one of their gigs in whelans a few years back after 2 songs. couldn't deal with looking at that dude. he was acting like a horrible Jim Morrison/Bono love child.

he was on eye to eye last week and all these kids were asking him questions and he just looked like a drunken rambling mentalist..he actually makes me feel sick..

your so hard to please dude.

your so hard to please dude.

my default position was "this is shit" and all they had to do was play some good music and keep it real for me to not think that. but when some fat mess is rolling around the stage on song 1 like some garbage angel and commanding the audience to like dance or some shit while he breathlessly wails into the mic, forget it pal. I'm outta there.

The Thrills (Now in Cut-Price bins around the country

They still drive flash cars around D4 and pay for their couscous and lima beans in bijou salad bars with platinum Mastercards. They're still living the dream in other words. I'm pretty sure they still have a record deal and are currently figuring out something that rhymes with 'Tacoma Beach'...it's just out of reach.

They still drive flash cars around D4 and pay for their couscous and lima beans in bijou salad bars with platinum Mastercards. They're still living the dream in other words. I'm pretty sure they still have a record deal and are currently figuring out something that rhymes with 'Tacoma Beach'...it's just out of reach.

good for them. writing beach songs and making big cash for it is the dream. hanging around D4 though. I dunno.

All this talk of Watercress reminds me. Was Phil the drummer a large gentleman with hair + beard? If so I worked with him, really sound guy. Bad idea to try matching him in a tequila drinking competition (I'm small).

Swampshack?
They became Turn but I much preferred the Swampshack EP.

Did anyone mention Joyrider?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back