bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
I really dug that woodstar song 'dumb punk song'. funny because I, on hearing their name and seeing some write up about them winning something or other, thought they were a load of shit.

does anyone like any music that was released by an irish band who subsequently got dropped and didn't exactly set the world alight?

Rollerskate Skinny. Their Ma's are probably still forking out the scores.

one of thems in a successful band stateside now methinks.

Aye, Ken Griffin, the singer, has a new band called Favourite Sons who have just released an album. The bass player is in The Radio. I don't think either of them are cleaning up.

Also, don't the Frames deserve some credit, not for falling into this trap, but for getting out of it. Whether or not you like them.

Also, don't the Frames deserve some credit, not for falling into this trap, but for getting out of it. Whether or not you like them.

They acted like no one had ever released anything independently before. but yeah, I guess they've done pretty well for themselves since. I don't think they have to work in Virgin anymore.

I really dug that woodstar song 'dumb punk song'. funny because I, on hearing their name and seeing some write up about them winning something or other, thought they were a load of shit.

Woodstar - Dumb Punk Song, absolute cracking tune, album was hit n miss

Scheer had some cracking tunes too, again album hit n miss

and of course MBV were dropped too for draining Creations bank account with Loveless, it was worth it McGee :heart:

does anyone like any music that was released by an irish band who subsequently got dropped and didn't exactly set the world alight?

Das Nugs made me a tape with lots of bands Irish bands from late '80s to early '90s that were varyingly successful but none are still going now and even the one-hit-wonders then had a sparkle. There's a poppy song on the tape by The Forget-Me-Nots i think called Trouble and it is the catchiest song in all of Christendom.

Das Nugs made me a tape with lots of bands Irish bands from late '80s to early '90s that were varyingly successful but none are still going now and even the one-hit-wonders then had a sparkle. There's a poppy song on the tape by The Forget-Me-Nots i think called Trouble and it is the catchiest song in all of Christendom.

I'd forgotten all about them.
Just did a google on them and nothing comes up.
Did they do an album?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back