bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
shit, I'd much rather have been in a band that had a flicker of success 'til it all went to shit and currently be sitting in an adult nappy with a gun in my mouth than not have had any success and be currently sitting in an adult nappy with a gun in my mouth.

Been think about this. some bands get all this attention when they're like 19 or 20 and are done with rock by the time they're 25. Given up. Stuck in traffic.
Others get a modest amount of attention get to still be writing tunes and playing gigs for the rest of their lives.

of course a little from column A and a little from column B would be better.

do ye reckon Rice is swimming in cash? like enough to throw wads in people's faces whenever he wants to 'own' someone or something.

He's sold a couple of million records, records on the cheap, owns the label that puts out the albums. Though I hear that he wound up losing a bit to the rest of his band when the album was done when he said something like "I can pay you know or I can give you a cut of what I make on the album."

He's sold a couple of million records, records on the cheap, owns the label that puts out the albums. Though I hear that he wound up losing a bit to the rest of his band when the album was done when he said something like "I can pay you know or I can give you a cut of what I make on the album."

smart money would be to take a cut y'reckon? or even better get him to backdate it before he reissued "o", like, 4 times! his stylist takes a large cut too by the looks of him;)

JJ72 - too right

What was the name of that band of little scum bag buskers who released a single.

Was it an Oasis cover or a Beatle cover?

Little Devils or something like that.

Anyway shite

Had you heard of JJ72 BEFORE they got a record deal? Being a shit band in no way qualifies you for this thread.

Oh, and it was No Angels I think,they released a cover of Help! and the video was like the one for Girls & Boys by Blur but without the irony.

Joyrider were quite good if I remember the one song I knew by them.

There's a poppy song on the tape by The Forget-Me-Nots i think called Trouble and it is the catchiest song in all of Christendom.

The Chalets steal all their ideas from The Forget me Nots*

Mark Walsh- who at least come up ion a google search was in the Forget Me Nots

and the dark haired girl singer was on a kids tv show singing that Smiths song "shyness is nice..." many years ago

http://www.mark-walsh.com/

*and the B52s

Had you heard of JJ72 BEFORE they got a record deal? Being a shit band in no way qualifies you for this thread.

Oh, and it was No Angels I think,they released a cover of Help! and the video was like the one for Girls & Boys by Blur but without the irony.

Joyrider were quite good if I remember the one song I knew by them.

wasnt their manager some bigwig in the INLA ,think he was killed in the ballymount bloodbath, not even cuige pingin or an t-athair puff has that much street cred,they're apparently huge in compton!ninjaaaa

does anyone like any music that was released by an irish band who subsequently got dropped and didn't exactly set the world alight?
Whipping boy and kerbdog.
I know a guy who gets about a grand and a half every year from having played on just one song on the album. As you'd expect from someone who played on a damien rice album, he's a total cock.

The Joshua Trio. I think yer man is in a band called 'I Keano' now.

What was the name of that band from Rathfarnham who were shit and had all that sunny, summery, sunshiney music that made you think of sunkist orange every time you heard it? I think they had a song called Sunburst.

What was the name of that band from Rathfarnham who were shit and had all that sunny, summery, sunshiney music that made you think of sunkist orange every time you heard it? I think they had a song called Sunburst.

Picturehouse

still touring Offally and beyond I imagine

that song was almost a half decent pop summer tune, but something about the arseholes over emotive singing on the top and piss weak verses let it down, had a nifty vocal break but

The Joshua Trio. I think yer man is in a band called 'I Keano' now.

Strangely enough the singer is Ding Dong Denny - who I posted earlier in a hilarious parody on the dishevelled mess that sings for Republic of Loose

Whipping boy and kerbdog.

I know a guy who gets about a grand and a half every year from having played on just one song on the album. As you'd expect from someone who played on a damien rice album, he's a total cock.

A firend met one of the guys from Alabama 3- apparenlty he gets something like 3000 a week in royalites for the Sopranos theme tune- syndicated all over the world- money everytime its played

might be a slight exaggeration but it was something massive

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back