bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 15
Managers suck.

This guy I know in a band with some dudes. Anyway, they were doing a fair few gigs and started doing some recording etc. So the singer dude says "let's talk money. I'll get 50% of all revenue, because it's my band and my songs. My friend José, our new manager, will get 30%. You 3 get 20% divided between you.

They subsequently broke up, go figure.

it's somewhat ironic that so many bands mentioned here started with this kind of bullshit because they were in the running to become the 'next u2', seeing as u2 have a well-known and simple arrangement - the dosh is equally split five ways between the four band members and the manager.

disclaimer: i do not intend that my previous post should in any way be interpreted as an endorsement of the music, members, or - for that matter - the continuing existence of u2.

Managers suck.

This guy I know in a band with some dudes. Anyway, they were doing a fair few gigs and started doing some recording etc. So the singer dude says "let's talk money. I'll get 50% of all revenue, because it's my band and my songs. My friend José, our new manager, will get 30%. You 3 get 20% divided between you.

Seemingly lead singers suck too. "My band? my songs?" what a cock.

it's somewhat ironic that so many bands mentioned here started with this kind of bullshit because they were in the running to become the 'next u2', seeing as u2 have a well-known and simple arrangement - the dosh is equally split five ways between the four band members and the manager.

Which works out at 20% for yer man McGuinness, isn't 20% the typical managers cut?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back