bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 15
Republic of Loose are great, IMHO. Especially live. Really good band. They play loads of gigs to loads of fans who have loads of fun.

Their gigs in the states go well too.

Mick (singer) is sound. He's got a good voice, writes some cracking songs and he's a great, bluesy guitarist.

I think he reads thumped sometimes too so be nice.

in the case i'm going to get the good china - tea anyone?
- leigh

remember Lir?

In the early 90s they were also being hailed as the next big thing, getting comparisons to YES and such bands

I heard last night that they were screwed over righteously by their manager to the extent that they couldn't even perform as a band without his permission, and that was the end of them

P.S. Someone must have logged into my account when they said Replublic of Loose were ugly

no , really, I would have said "filthy"

remember Lir?

In the early 90s they were also being hailed as the next big thing, getting comparisons to YES and such bands

I heard last night that they were screwed over righteously by their manager to the extent that they couldn't even perform as a band without his permission, and that was the end of them

I've heard that too. I think one of them plays bass for David Gray now and they play one sneaky gig in Whelans a year to keep under the managements radar. Also heard a figure of $150,000 for the amount the manager claims they owe him.

the manager sounds like a cunt

a letigious cunt

er...

damn, someone signed in using my name again

One of them is (or was) working in Roches Stores.

That manager should just cut his feckin losses.

remember Lir?

i don't understand why some manager's do that, because it invariably gives them a bad name too
- leigh

I've heard that too. I think one of them plays bass for David Gray now and they play one sneaky gig in Whelans a year to keep under the managements radar. Also heard a figure of $150,000 for the amount the manager claims they owe him.

a friend of theirs explained to me that the money raised from the annual gig in whelans goes to paying the legal costs the get out of the management deal

Managers suck.

This guy I know in a band with some dudes. Anyway, they were doing a fair few gigs and started doing some recording etc. So the singer dude says "let's talk money. I'll get 50% of all revenue, because it's my band and my songs. My friend José, our new manager, will get 30%. You 3 get 20% divided between you.

They subsequently broke up, go figure.

If he had a large moustache, wore a sombrero and had bulletbelt bandoliers I'd keep around for laughs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back