bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 15
A firend met one of the guys from Alabama 3- apparenlty he gets something like 3000 a week in royalites for the Sopranos theme tune- syndicated all over the world- money everytime its played

might be a slight exaggeration but it was something massive

I had heard from a jurno they took a one off payment of a few grand and were kicking themselves since... who knows...

I had heard from a jurno they took a one off payment of a few grand and were kicking themselves since... who knows...

Would it be the case that they probably licensed it to HBO for a couple of grand but recieve actual royalties everytime its played.

Anyway Alabama 3 are in the top 3 for worst albums I own. They fucking suck the big one.

I wonder are people as obsessed with this subject in the UK or US?
Bargain bins and second hand record shops are filled with never-heard-of-again UK and US acts cds and vinyl.

Bargain bins and second hand record shops are filled with never-heard-of-again UK and US acts cds and vinyl.

there was a Brother Beyond single in my local charity shop- charmingly called
" Don't Forget me"

ah bless

Yeah but in the UK and US once in a while a band make it... here's its like the trenches in WWI, we keep sending are young men up there and they keep mowing them down...

A much shorter thread would be "bands who got a record deal and who did alright thank you very much"

Ah Revelino...I liked them...I still have their first album on taype...2nd album OK too, but 3rd album was quite dreary (lots of cellos and meloncholy)...first time I saw a band with 3 guitarists in it...still pretty rare.

Themselves and Whipping Boy were the mainstays on the college circuit when I was "being educated".

Can we have a Nostalgia forum?

Considering that the lifespan of an average band is about 2 albums (at best), I'd say that a fair few Irish bands have done alright:
Therapy?
Power of Dreams
Sultans
Frank & Walters
The Thrills
Cranberries
Frames
Kerbdog
etc... (there are loads of them)

By 'done alright' - I mean, got to tour, play some festivals, act the rockstar.

Ah Revelino...I liked them...I still have their first album on taype...2nd album OK too, but 3rd album was quite dreary (lots of cellos and meloncholy)...first time I saw a band with 3 guitarists in it...still pretty rare.

Themselves and Whipping Boy were the mainstays on the college circuit when I was "being educated".

Can we have a Nostalgia forum?

What was the famous Revelino song called again?

Was it don't let me down or something like that?

Yeah but in the UK and US once in a while a band make it... here's its like the trenches in WWI, we keep sending are young men up there and they keep mowing them down...

A much shorter thread would be "bands who got a record deal and who did alright thank you very much"

you'll probably find it's all relative

What was the famous Revelino song called again?

Was it don't let me down or something like that?

Yeah- and 'Lets get falling down'

catchy enough

I remember Dave Fanning saying he was really surprised they didnt do better in the 'international playing field'

B*Witched- where are they now?

Some cool little bands that never got signed but were good for 5 minutes or so in the late 80's / early nineties:
The Crawl Babies
Jerusalem Taxis
The Flying Kidney
Gavin Is God
Giant

o'boyler - serious question, decal has been knocking around for a million years gets great press and put shit out on good sized indie labels, but ultimately makes stupid music - anyone bigger ever come within 100 miles of sniffin at you(s)?

Have to agree, Whipping Boy and Revelino were good bands. Their stuff has aged well.

The Revenants sang Let's get falling down. They were a good band too, specially Horse of a different colour. There was a second album but not as good. Can anyone comment on the Stars of Heaven (Revnants Mark I)? Is any of their stuff worth checking out? Much beloved of Irish rock journos I hear........

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back