bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 15
Watercress - don't think they were ever signed but an awesome live band in their day. Shame they disappeared.

yeah, watercress, that's it.
I saw them live towards the end and they had started to go all singer-songwritery, it was a bit not so good.

the young offenders

jaysus yeah. they had some decent tunes but it all went to pot when they moved to london. i think simple kid is a bunch of arse.

and watercress! jaysus "...when the huyse wos buurnin doyne!!!"

They won the meteor new comer (or whatever) award this year

they looked mad embaressed, yr man gets the award and says "yr probably wondering who we are" and everyone in the country went, "yeah actually considering this supposed to be an award voted for "by the people" we are all wondering who the fuck you are..."

At least they were decent enough to looked morotofied at collecting an award they in no way desevered and was probably bought for them by the record company who are going to now "snap them up"

They got courted for years by the labels. When they were called Jove they came out to see our practice place in Finglas with a view to sharing it and balked at our inexpressibly crappy PA. They were talking about getting development money from labels back then, suppose that was probably summer 2003

Yeah I remember Melaton being a big deal at the time. Thought they were a good band.

The Blew

Tha Marbles

jaysus yeah. they had some decent tunes but it all went to pot when they moved to london. i think simple kid is a bunch of arse. by Mark

think i remember them being on tfi friday actually. thats about as far as they got with a couple of singles. dont think much of simplekid, although have only heard small bit of 2nd album. 1st one average

Engin Alley? Did they ever do a second album?

Yes they did.

Think it was called shot in the light.

The violin guy and the drummer girl had left though. And they had an ep a few years ago called lavendar girl ep or something like that.

What about that band who had the song called God is in the movies? Who were they again?

And what about Cactus World News?

The Brilliant Trees?

Junkster?

S'funny though, there is still no shortage of people willing to sign deals that are financially crippling, involve surrendering creative control, lead to nothing all so they can be famous, even though all famous people (except paul McCartney) seem miserable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back