bands who got record deals and were never heard from again (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 354
  • Views 31K
  • Watchers 15
Marshall Stars

Royseven... well not yet, but we all know it's going to happen

One of the funniest things of working in HP was the January "Bands for 2007" feature... ah God, like lining up suckers against a wall so it was...

We were on that. Wait a minute...

Snow Patrol are the sort of band your girlfriend likes.

In my case it's true.

starts 'casual sexism' thread

Brando-the guy looked like the missing link between the female chimp in PG Tips ads and Supergrass

a winning combination..

...or so they thought

Why? There's no obligation on a label to bother putting an album out. The band mightn't develop musically like they hoped it would etc. No point throwing good money after bad.

Has the Humanzi album even been released in England?

surely you mean "the band mightn't develop comercially like they hoped it would"...

poor Blink. they still release albums. they still suck too. poor Blink.

I remember the shapes on that dude from The Blew. woah.

I saw Melaton play once. Thought they were pretty good. your man was well young too. talented fella. good for him.

This dude I know played in this band and they were all like 'uhh label interest... album... tour...' anyway, they put on this gig with label reps there and shit and they played their own brand of U2 meets The Seahorses or some shit. No Label interest. No album. No Tour. They promptly broke up. Bye Cricket Boy!

Brando-the guy looked like the missing link between the female chimp in PG Tips ads and Supergrass

a winning combination..

...or so they thought

he thought a lot of himself. or very little. whatever it was, it seemed like he thought he was a ride.

a winning combination..

...or so they thought

If memory serves me right, the scientician was kicked out of whelans for heckling that guy.

"WHAT DOES IT SAY ON YOUR T-SHIRT?" times 100000.

Or am I mixing up two different nights?

a winning combination..

...or so they thought

would you believe his name was elton?? wore a kurt cobain/dennis the menace style black'n'red jumper for the entirity (spell?) of his time in college down here....
then he went to ballyfermot rok skool apprently....

and as someone mentioned watercress i saw that willfully "eccentric" nordie lad Duke Special on the LLS lastnight and WTF is the story with him? sounds like keane unplugged with the singer from placebo "emoting" over it:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back