Bands that changed your life (1 Viewer)

egg_ said:
You're joking, I take it?
Diggin your album, BTW
Not at all, Beethoven's me absolute hero...he went from being promising to being the greatest composer of all time precisely after he found out he was goin deaf...if ever one needs to be inspired/motivated, then one needs to just muse on this. Oh and quite apart from the inspiration of this, he's just sooooooo bloody marvellous...the perfect combination of heart and intellect...tuneful...original...inventive...experimented with just about every aspect of music...messed with rhythms in strange ways, experimented with structure, keys, harmony...then completely reinvented himself roughly around the age of 45...need I go on? I mean, if anyone needs convincing, I can do it...he's the best, no argument. The Shakespeare of music. All things to all men. I'll shut up now.

Oh and tanks very much.

hag said:
i talk sense all the time!!! the cheek of you!
I grew up with the Sixth as well - listening to it now always makes me feel all warm inside. It gives the lie to the image of Beethoven as grumpy outsider/thunderer...he could be all fuzzy as well.

Jimmy Magee said:
Not at all, Beethoven's me absolute hero...he went from being promising to being the greatest composer of all time precisely after he found out he was goin deaf...if ever one needs to be inspired/motivated, then one needs to just muse on this. Oh and quite apart from the inspiration of this, he's just sooooooo bloody marvellous...the perfect combination of heart and intellect...tuneful...original...inventive...experimented with just about every aspect of music...messed with rhythms in strange ways, experimented with structure, keys, harmony...then completely reinvented himself roughly around the age of 45...need I go on? I mean, if anyone needs convincing, I can do it...he's the best, no argument. The Shakespeare of music. All things to all men. I'll shut up now.

Oh and tanks very much.
i prefer mozart in the 'greatest of all time' debate.
he's the coffee to beethoven's tea.
the stones to beethovens' beatles.
the big black to beethoven's nine inch nails.
the polly jean to beethoven's madonna.

don't get me wrong, i'm not slaggin tea or anything. just sayin.

Jimmy Magee said:
Not at all, Mumblin Deaf Ro is me absolute hero...he went from being promising to being the greatest composer of all time precisely after he found out he was goin deaf...if ever one needs to be inspired/motivated, then one needs to just muse on this. Oh and quite apart from the inspiration of this, he's just sooooooo bloody marvellous...the perfect combination of heart and intellect...tuneful...original...inventive...experimented with just about every aspect of music...messed with rhythms in strange ways, experimented with structure, keys, harmony...then completely reinvented himself roughly around the age of 45...need I go on? I mean, if anyone needs convincing, I can do it...he's the best, no argument. The Shakespeare of music. All things to all men. I'll shut up now.

Oh and tanks very much.

Aw shucks, thanks.

Muscle Beach said:

wow, you couldn't be more wrong. it sounds like you just haven't listened to much beeth.

Ahem ...at the risk of sounding very unfashionable

Age 14-15 First band that made a big impact on me were Janes Addiction -Ritual De Lo Habital was the first tape I ever bought from Empire Records in limerick-every one else was into GnR and I was mad into Janes -practically fanatical for about 2 years ..Perry Farrell was a total Shaman type figure to me.The dreads , the nose ring totally cool and the blending of art and funk-punk-rock blew me away..

Then it was the Pixies ..great dynamics

Then it was Suede during the Bernard Butler years ..made me pick up electric geetar ..an-i-mal nitrate

Then it was (and still is )The Smiths ..Moz and Johnny a match made in heaven

I suppose Iggy and the Stooges should get a mention and JSBX too.

Now its Led Zep !

THE CLASH for making me want to play in a band
FLUX OF PINK INDIANS for making me want to change the world
THE EX for making me want to listen to music that has more than verse, chorus and middle eight
THE PLEASURE CELL + PARANOID VISIONS for making me feel welcome at their gigs
THE THREE JOHNS for making me cry at a gig
NEW MODEL ARMY for making me want to go to gigs
FUGAZI for making me want to put on gigs
ARCWELDER, THE WEAKERTHANS, AGAINST ME! for making me a happy man listening to music
and on and on it goes

Muscle Beach said:

This just makes no sense. PJ to Madge? Surely not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back