analog concerts (4 Viewers)

Ill meet ya at the entrance to the place just before 4,Ill have a green tshirt on,and I have brown curly hair.
Theres a possibility of another 2 spares too,so,if anyone else is looking for one just come over to the place,and Im sure youll see me

desertedvillage said:
I saw one black guy. From this point of view the gig was a total failure.
Ha, yeah. I was wondering about that, maybe because there aren't too many Congolese in Ireland? Or Africans living here think it's old fashioned music and not interesting?

Tarwater were rubbish, but I really enjoyed Konono No. 1.

Seconded! That was amazing! Nowhere near the 100 guitars, but can't see how they would have fitted a hundred on that stage anyway.

This was amazing in parts,only forty something people tho,if they had got the other half it would have been...well...twice as good!AT least ticketless people had the option of standing just outside the barrier and drinking,and they could still see hear everything.
Think I saw ya earlier Squiggle,had you silver headphones on perchance?

Ha, yeah. I was wondering about that, maybe because there aren't too many Congolese in Ireland? Or Africans living here think it's old fashioned music and not interesting?

There's plenty of Congolese in Ireland and Congolese music is huge all over Africa. It's just that I don't think most of them are interested in Konono No.1 .... it's totally different to most Congolese music and I would guess way more popular with European hipsters than it is on the streets of Kinshasa. I'm guessing here ....

This was amazing in parts,only forty something people tho,if they had got the other half it would have been...well...twice as good!AT least ticketless people had the option of standing just outside the barrier and drinking,and they could still see hear everything.
Think I saw ya earlier Squiggle,had you silver headphones on perchance?

Yep, it would have been totally mindblowing with the full numbers.

I was loitering around waiting for my friend with the tickets for a while, but my headphones are black.

This was amazing in parts,only forty something people tho,if they had got the other half it would have been...well...twice as good!

it probably would have been just twice as loud maybe. i thought it was deadly too although it went on a bit.

i forgot to give out about the silly bitch at the konono no1 gig who tapped me on the shoulder and asked me would i mind ducking down a bit as her friend (who was right beside her but too afraid to ask me herself) couldn't see. i was well back from the stage and there was plenty room in front so i shouted at her to tell her friend to move somewhere where she could see and they both shrank back from me.

duck down!?!? !baggyyyy if shorties are going to give out about not being able to see through fine tall strapping lads like myself they should at least try and position themselves somewhere in front of the tall people.

sorry, rant over.

going to give out about not being able to see through fine tall strapping lads like myself they should at least try and position themselves somewhere in front of the tall people.

sorry, rant over.

you should carry a pair of stilts around with you.

Theyd be excellent for smacking people like that about the head with!

Ah,either Im not as observant as Id like to think i am,or you have a squiggleganger!

If I do then heaven help her!

sorry, rant over.

Nasty! Fun earlier when a friend and I were discussing one of the guitarists... bit of a Larry David moment. Just as we were talking about how he could just as easily have been a woman the girl in front turned around and said "that guy is my boyfriend... he's most definitely a guy". :eek:

I just apologised - she was kinda laughing about it anyway so it was ok I think.

A lucky escape!
Happened with my Dad before,he was at a bar and when the bar tender asked what he wanted,he said "this guy here was first",the "guy" turned around and wasnt actually a guy!
She started going mad at him,and he just casually pointed out that it was hardly his fault that she looked like a man from behind!

Happened with my Dad before,he was at a bar and when the bar tender asked what he wanted,he said "this guy here was first",the "guy" turned around and wasnt actually a guy!
She started going mad at him,and he just casually pointed out that it was hardly his fault that she looked like a man from behind!

Ouchy! As a short-haired girl I'm glad to say that I don't often get taken for a guy... but if I do I hope I will have a sense of humour about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back