analog concerts (1 Viewer)

Hair Iron Madin

anyone else slightly frustrated at the fact that this is a lottery system and not a first come first serve ticketing event?

i cant fathom why they dont operate a system similar to templebars summer season of events where you have to pop into the box office and pick up tickets and its first come first serve. or at least do what the chester beatty has done for the codex leicester and have an online first come first serve system. early bird(or bloke or transgender or hymaphrodite) gets the ticket and all that. it works for practically all events i know so why do this lottery system? it aint fair in my books, it seems to be just to generate some sort of hype about getting the golden ticket blah blah blah.....

its annoying that if you got in on this early you stand the chance to lose out to someone who signs up for it just a couple of days before they notify those who gets the tickets. i have very little faith in this being a fair system and also expect a lot of tickets to go to waste from those who fail to turn up on the day.

:mad:

I was thinking the same thing... although, with regard to wasted tickets from people not turning up, surely that is just as likely to happen with first come first served type availability.

According to the nice mail they sent me tickets that aren't collected between the 6th and 8th of July will be re-allocated so I guess that is something.

The other way is ven more annoying for people who live/work outside of the city centre. Both systems can have no-shows.

thats why i mentioned the online ticketing system for chester beatty as an example of a successful system that serves people who cant get to a physical ticket office.

accepted there are no shows with both ticket systems but my main annoyance is this lottery style. it seems to be more concerned with hype than actually serving people who may be fans or really want to see the artist not just those applying for tickets for the sake of getting to a free event.

I'm out of the country from July 1-9, so I'll have to get someone to pick up the tickets for me, if I win them. I agree that it's a pretty poor system. Surely an emailed, printable ticket like airlines use would be better?

i think its fair and it probably saves the promoters a shit load of hassle...

cant see it being any more hassle than an automated online ticket generator which serves fans better. lottery systems work for games of chance and i dont think it should be applied to musical or cultural events. those that want to see it should have the chance to get there. those that missed it the first time if theres enough interest generated from it then it would give the promoters reason to bring the event back again possibly in a larger venue, more dates and even as a pay in event. makes more sense to me.

why shouldn't it be applied to cultural events? this is a free concert for the public. this way ensures that you'll have "fans" sitting beside granny and granddad who are there because they won tickets.
they did the same thing for some of the cork year of culture events and it worked well. it was nice seeing all sorts at the events.
you'll get a ticket. even if its off a friend who got one and can't go.

accepted there are no shows with both ticket systems but my main annoyance is this lottery style. it seems to be more concerned with hype than actually serving people who may be fans or really want to see the artist not just those applying for tickets for the sake of getting to a free event.

there are people who signed up the first day who had no interest in any of the bands up to that point. theres no way to ensure only the real fans will get tickets and that the free loaders will be left outside. and its possible that randomers signing up on the last day and getting tickets will enjoy it every bit as much (or more) than the hard core fans. stop whinging! :p

stop whinging! :p

no. i want to whinge. i'm hungover to fuck, broke, the weathers poxy outside and i want a fecking free ticket to a good gig. is that too much to ask? no.

waaah waaah waah
me me me me

tiny_violin.jpg

I agree with HIM - only coz i'm afraid I won't get a ticket(s).
Has anyone gotten any yet? Or know anyone who has? When is this lottery taking place? Are those my feet? etc...

I applied for a Konono No. 1 ticket - got an email today to tell me when to pick up my Glenn Branca ticket. I didn't apply to see Glenn Branca.

I think whoever came up with this system probably had good intentions... but i doubt that nobody applied to see GB and they are giving them away to the Konono overflow.
*cough farce! cough*

Anyone apply for a Glenn Branca ticket and get a Konono ticket? Swapsies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back