america is shite (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by thegoone
up north its bright all day long during summer

if you went to alaska, it's bright all day in the summer there too. Which isn't actually a good thing, when you think about it. You'd never get any sleep and and ... that film insomnia was set in alaska. the lack of darkness makes people like robin williams and al pacino go mad.

I just alarmed myself recently when I realised the number of popular anti-american books are out there of late and in particular, the number I've found myself reading. There's Stupid White men obviously, then there's downsize this and TV nation, also both by Michael Moore. There's Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich, Fast Food Nation, and there's a new one by the author of fast food nation called Reefer Madness and other tales from the American Underground. Bought it but haven't read it yet.

There's a real surge in populist, best-seller type US-targeted diatribe books.

Anyone else alarmed at taking such an interest in so much negativity!

Can't be good.

just on the subject of america being shite n' all....

Roxy

Originally posted by roxy
There's a real surge in populist, best-seller type US-targeted diatribe books.

Anyone else alarmed at taking such an interest in so much negativity!

long overdue really... they have been getting away with shite for too long... do we really need 4 epasodes of friends on every night? young D4 kids now have that Bono transaclantic accent just from growing up on the stuff... and don't get me started on those us sitcom inspired "it's galtee" ads... and thats just the tip of the peverbial iceberg...

it's NOT all about money

the message was meant for aoifed

she said she needed money for the trip to the states
everyone there except for bill hicks god bless his soul with no other exception is an asshole, of course taking into account johnny foreigner who is visiting

There are a few decent people. Some beautiful sites, but unfortunately is fucked beyond redemption.
To blame the government is rediculous. Was suposed to be a representative democracy, the the people let it get to this point. As far as I'm concerned, there are no 'innocent victims' seeing as the 'people are the government'.
The sad thing is, Ireland is becoming Americanized more and more everyday. Ireland is getting fat. America sees the Irish the same way that they see the Mexicans. Cheap skilled work force, that are willing to work for next to nothing for years of hardship. American companies would pull out of Ireland in a heartbeat, if they thought they could have there wares made cheaper elswhere in Europe. The only thing that the Ireland has going for it is the English Language. Other than that, all the tech companies would move to Eastern Europe.
bing

do you have roads?

I was asked if we had tv.
I could barely hold back the laughter when i told them we had 3d
smellovision with touch receptors

You may as well lie your arse off to them cause thats all they do to you

Gary lineker also fell for lies similar to these in the brass eye paedo special. He was told paedos had new high tech gadgets
whereby they could touch your childre over the net
did anyone see that classic!:D

signing off,
peter o'file

Originally posted by Bing
American companies would pull out of Ireland in a heartbeat, if they thought they could have there wares made cheaper elswhere in Europe. The only thing that the Ireland has going for it is the English Language. Other than that, all the tech companies would move to Eastern Europe.
bing

They're already slowly but surely doing it now, and as soon as the Czech Republic becomes an EU member state, they'll move their businesses there. It's not like they don't speak any English over there.

This isn’t really the point of this thread (I think its supposed to be about Finland), but there are more than a few decent American people, one of which I am talking to right now and she happens to fucking rule.

So she does.

Originally posted by rocktopus
Americans? Pah!

apart from johnny cash obviously

somebody explain to me the difference between saying/implying that americans, as a rule, are stupid/shite with the exception of "a few" or "more than a few" "decent" examples and saying all romanians, or all nigerians, or all africans are stupid/shite apart from the few decent exceptions.
actually, don't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back