Ambassador Theatre reopening? (1 Viewer)

did Low play there once? I have a distinct memory that I went to see them there but now I’m second-guessing myself about it
They did indeed, and the Corpo supported. They were all "the promoters given us all this free booze and we don't drink, so take it. Drink it. DRINK IT!"

DJ Shadow also played, but I missed that gig.
2 of my brothers went to it. They said it was hilarious. It was full of guys that were totally off their tits. DJ Shadow would start a tune, people would be getting really into it and then he’d stop the tune and explain the story behind it so everyone who’d taken yokes was really frustrated

Sigur Rós twice in a row, briefly met them all beforehand and they were terrified of talking to people.

Queena of the Stone Age just when Songs for the Deaf came out and Mark Lanegan a while later.

Bauhaus, Therapy, and probably a few others. Last time I was there was to do the haunted house yoke they had set up in it.

Saw a good few in there
Dinosaur jr
Throwing muses
The vines
Bad religion x 2
The cult
Queens of the stone age
Guided by voices
Fountains of Wayne
Foo fighters
Green day
Juliette and the licks
Crowded house
Wilco
Yo la tengo
Datsuns
Gogol bordello
Dropkick murphys
Go Betweens
The breeders
Biffy Clyro

Last edited:
Saw a good few in there
Dinosaur jr
Throwing muses
The vines
Bad religion x 2
The cult
Queens of the stone age
Guided by voices
Fountains of Wayne
Foo fighters
Green day
Juliette and the licks
Crowded house
Wilco
Yo la tengo
Datsuns
Gogol bordello
Dropkick murphys
Go Betweens
The breeders
Biffy Clyro
ah man I missed some great ones. Peak baby years. I remember just having to pass on the Bad Religion gig.

Saw The National supported by St Vincent there. They were originally booked for the village and it got moved to the ambassador and then an extra date in the Olympia was added.

St. Vincent went through a weird run of playing in Dublin on either Halloween night or November 1st (can't remember) 3 years running I think. That gig, the year before she opened for Sufjan Stevens and then the following she played with Grizzly Bear in Vicar St.

Forgot about this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Saw tricky there. My then girlfriend, now wife bought loads of tickets for all her mates, which weren't cheap, as she'd sold some artwork and had come into a 'windfall'. Also known as payment. I thought she was being ridiculously generous, maybe she was just showing off. Gig was fairly meh unfortunately.
Saw foals there too. They were totally meh
Cinomatically witnessed superman 2, return of the jedi and jungle book, which were all fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back