Ambassador Theatre reopening? (5 Viewers)

pavlos

Supporter
Solutions
I see Evan Dando appears to be playing in the Ambassador in October, first I heard of it reopening. Anyone else hear anything about it?

I wonder if the inside layout has changed over the years? Surely it's a bit big for Evan Dando?

I saw a lot of bands there over the years. I remember Brody Dalle from The Distillers getting mobbed by teenage girls after they played, while her band mates stood at the side of the venue waiting for their bus unmolested.

I remember it operated as a cinema when I was in college - cheap tickets on Monday nights. Saw loads of bands there in the early 00s - dEUS, Fountains of Wayne, DJ Shadow, Death Cab for Cutie. Always liked it as a venue.

I saw all three Star Wars movies there in one afternoon the summer before I stared secondary school. Good times.
I saw a bunch of movies there in the 80s
Definitely Empire, probably Return also.

Mad to think a building like that can just sit empty for forever

never in there as a cinema, but saw beth gibbons (great), god save you black emperor (meh) and one or two other bands in there back in the day.
think it stopped having gigs round 2006?
I think I was at Motörhead there in... 2008? I was at that GY!BE gig too, I enjoyed it. Think Mark Lanegan was the only other gig I was at there.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back