Ambassador Theatre reopening? (1 Viewer)

company I keep/kept
Were you sitting upstairs chatting about soccer throughout the gig? I asked the two lads sitting in front of me to please hold the soccer chat until after the gig and they responded by deliberately talking louder, the pair of pricks. As I recall the general chit chat was louder than the band at all times. I never really like GYBE anyway so I didn't care that much

Were you sitting upstairs chatting about soccer throughout the gig? I asked the two lads sitting in front of me to please hold the soccer chat until after the gig and they responded by deliberately talking louder, the pair of pricks. As I recall the general chit chat was louder than the band at all times. I never really like GYBE anyway so I didn't care that much
nah - went with my uncle. we'd been exchanging gigs. met some people with home I had complicated relationships at the gig..

I’m sure I’ve said it before but I was at what I believe was the first show they held there when it reopened as a music venue in the early 2000s, which was Steve Malkmus + The Jicks, but I was only there to see Quasi supporting them because I was mad into Sleater-Kinney and that was Janet Weiss so come ON. Then they started playing and the issues with the building’s sound were painfully obvious.

I was at the GYBE gig as well but I was jet-lagged after a few days in Toronto (where I saw Trail of Dead at Lee’s Palace and nearly got bottled in the head by their drummer) and I blew it off halfway through, which really annoyed my friend I’d gone with. I made it up to him since. I hope?

I don’t remember my first cinema memory there, maybe when they did a rerelease of Peter Pan or something in the ’80s? I remember going to some Xmas do there for the kids of staff in some company that my press snapper uncle blagged me and my cousin into, they showed a bunch of Pink Panther cartoons. Later when it reopened as a cinema in the late ’90s I saw the Roland Emmerich Godzilla there from the balcony.

I lived down the road from it so went to a good few gigs there. Saw Amy Winehouse, Machine Head, the Lemonheads, Mastodon, Fall Out Boy and numerous others playing there.

Don't think I went to any gigs there, but I remember when it was a cinema, probably around 1986. Me and the brother asked my Da to bring us to see Commando. They wouldn't let us in. Too young. In fairness they were right. Arnie kills a small army in that film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back